Has Ribannah killed OCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Ribannah killed OCC?

Just an impression from one revisiting this forum after some months: not much action on the OCC front. Have the incredible achievements of Ribs on this front scared off mere mortals?

I don't think it was Ribannah in particular.It was whaning before she even arrived... with spots of renewed interest with +deity levels and small cities etc.

BTW
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Actually, Samson and Solo really pushed the game to its limits with their early landing games. No special tricks used, 46ad landing, that sort of thing. Really amazing research mastery!
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

So is Civ Fanatics where the OCC action is these days, Smash?

Comment

46AD?? Wasn't it 76AD?

Comment

Not really.I just do one when I see a "No way.That is impossible" post

In a normal non scenario the earliest you can launch is 20 turns after 1AD and land 36 years after that.436AD is "perfect" for OCC.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

How early did they land and who managed it? I had to leave apolyton for two months, and when I left the record was 376
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
              X