powergraph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powergraph

Does anyone know the exact(or approximate) formula for calculating the powergraph? Maybe there is some previous discussion of this in the forums, but I have not seen it. (it is relevant in the Swiss style game league tournaments.)

No one has a definitive answer and it's been much debated. The consensus seems to be that population has a large say.

------------------
    finbar
    Mono Rules!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

I find it really inaccurate. Many times I made my own score plateau (flat line at the top), then a few extra points get down to cardiac arrest.
      Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
      Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
      Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
      und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
      Only when it's smooth you will see
      How much fairy-tale is left for you
      And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

Refer to: apolyton.net/forums/Archives/Archive-000005/HTML/20000207-3-000365.html

Comment

Nice find, Cam. I searched for that thread, but didn't think to look in the archives. My one quibble with the formula as posted by AS is that I think wonders also have an impact on the powergraph. Many games, I've seen my powergraph shoot up after I build a wonder, without any major changes in the other factors.

Comment

Am I missing something here - as far as I was aware the only ways to review the powergraph are to complete the game or to retire. How come you guys are keeping track of it?

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Graph taken from demographics.

Comment

SG1 - I can't speak for the others, but I tend to play my games in 1-hour chunks. This means I quit/retire and restore several times in the course of a normal game. I usually quit these days so I don't learn any unauthorized information, but I had no such compunctions in my earlier days.

SlowHand - as I understand it, the only way to see the powergraph in demographics is to enable cheat mode, reveal the whole map, and check civ score. Do you have a different technique?

Comment

Just finished a my best AC game yet, as I landed on AC before any of the other 6 civs launched. I was thrilled...very little war, spotless reputation, and a win to boot! Then the powergraph came up and my Americans were 4th! 4th? My best AC game ever and my final score & % did not show my hard work. It doesn't really matter to me how it is calculated. The powergraph and scoring system are both crap.
                  "Three word posts suck!" - me

"...and I never will play the Wild Rover no more..." - Various

Comment

i was under the impression that once you landed the powergraph topped out on the screen? am i wrong in this assumption
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

yes,you are wrong. in OCC you never come anywhere near the top
                      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

To hell with this! Just trust your numerical score.
                        Das Wasser soll dein Spiegel sein
                        Erst wenn es glatt ist, wirst du sehen
                        Wieviel Märchen dir noch bleibt
                        und um Erlösung wirst du flehen.

The water shall be your mirror
                        Only when it's smooth you will see
                        How much fairy-tale is left for you
                        And you will beg for deliverance.

'Alter Mann', RAMMSTEIN.

Comment

I'm just talking World, Demographics Dave.

Comment

Forget both the powergraph AND the numerical score. Both seem to be weighted too much towards population, which IMHO should count almost not at all.

Comment

Working...
                            X