Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

civ tot crashes on win2k NTFS partition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civ tot crashes on win2k NTFS partition?

hi,

I installed civ tot the other night and the game kept on hanging my box - randomly. I added the patch and all, but this continued.

Eventually I gave up

This morning I tried again, although with smac (I really wanted to play some civ this weekend). The exact same problem happened.

In win98 I never had this problem, and I still have the same h/w (p3/800, 288ram,voodoo3,sblive value,standard nic,usb) and I do have all the newest drivers, including directx 8.

The only difference is that the partition I set aside for installing games is NTFS. I had a feeling that I should of left a FAT32 but I wanted uniformity

BTW, when I view the win2000 event logs after I reboot (the only way out of the crash) its always "WMI ADAP" and the "PerfDisk Library" and "due to a time share violation".

I searched the apolyton boards, the MS kb too, and the lack of solutions is really discouraging.

Anyone here might have a clue? Thanks

You are right in that it might be that you have no FAT32 partition.
    IIRC the FAT32-drivers include enough of 16-compartiblity to run old apps (Civ is 16 bit I think), but without it you can only run 32-bit apps.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
    X