I hate it when that happens...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate it when that happens...

We've all had the experience where you spend 40 turns getting a camel to a city, only to have it change its demand a turn or 2 before.

Well, I spend 2 turns moving a camel, only to find the city NOT THERE! it apparently had been wiped by barbarians. next city was another 25 turns away.
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

You are no good at trade deals, are you?

I hate it too.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I can remember marching a caravan thru Roman lands for some 10 odd turns heading to a particulary large,sweet(for the ai) city.The devils sneak attacked and killed it just as it got next to their city.
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

It may sound heretical, but I preferred the trade system in CtP. But then I also prefer the PW system above engineers.
        To be one with the Universe is to be very lonely - John Doe - Datalinks

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
          I can remember marching a caravan thru Roman lands for some 10 odd turns heading to a particulary large,sweet(for the ai) city.The devils sneak attacked and killed it just as it got next to their city.
          That happened to me in my first deity game. I built a number of caravans and sent them out, only to have EVERY ONE of them killed before reaching a destination. The romans declared themselves my allies, and gleefully declared war on almost everyone who killed my caravans, but ignored my getting slaughtered by the english, and asked for 3000 gold to cover their expenses when I asked them to go to war with them.

I never did get a camel delivered that game.

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

Originally posted by Earthling7
            It may sound heretical, but I preferred the trade system in CtP. But then I also prefer the PW system above engineers.
            you'll be happy to hear that trade is a lot more abstracted in civ3 ( as is diplomacy and espionage).

Comment

What I didn't like was they could have killed it any number of times before.But no..They had to wait until I finally got it where I wanted and then "Romans sneak attack".Thats something a human would do.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Hmmm... maybe the Civ2 AI wasn't all THAT bad, after all...
                "Never underestimate the human aptitude for stupidity"

Comment

The truth is that the trade modle was not that good in Civ 2 because it took more effort to set up a trade route that it was worth, and the computer oved attacking trade units.
                  I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Cities changing their demands used to annoy me... I still remember the first time...
                    So I had to decide: to reduce caravans´ cost in shields, or to make them faster. I decided to reduce their cost to 20 shields and keep their movement rate, via rules editing.

IMHO, this worked well, and didn´t unbalanced the game.

Craftsman.
                    Last edited by Craftsman; September 30, 2001, 14:51.
                    :::::::::::::
                    Craftsman
                    :::::::::::::

Comment

Working...
                    X