Patches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches?

Can someone please tell me where I can find and download the latest patch for Civilization II? I would also like to find Civ2: Conflicts in Civilization, Civ2: Fantastic Worlds, and Civ2: Multiplayer Gold patches. I can't find the 2 expansion packs or the Civ2: MP Gold in stores anymore. Please help.

I have version 2.42 currently. I have heard there is a version 2.62.
    Ex Fide Vive
    Try my new mod and tell me what you think. I will be revising it per suggestions. Nine Governments Mod

2.42 is the latest official patch for Civ 2 classic. 2.62 is Conflicts in Civ. 2.7.8l is Fantastic Worlds. and 5.4.0f is the latest patch release for MGE. You can get the patches from my site listed in my sig.
    Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

Thanks, Cedric. I downloaded your FW and MGE patches from civfanatics.com.

As far as I could tell, the MGE worked fine. (I have only tried hotseat so far). I downloaded the 5 zips and installed them in my directory with Civ2 version 2.42.

The FW patch however screwed up badly when I tried to alter things with the editor. It somehow added the last line of World Wonders to my units so that a settler was called Cure for Cancer, the Engineer was called a settler, the Warrior was called an Engineer, etc. Also many other crazy things like that happened. For example, when it asked me to specify a certain civ for an event, instead of:
      Romans
      Japanese
      French
      Spanish
      Americans
      Carthagians
      Sioux

I got something like:
      Impatrix
      President
      Warlord
      etc.-

-Just random words that are in the Rules file. I don't know how this happened. Maybe it is because I didn't save the game as a scenario before I started playing with the Editor and Cheat options. Has anyone else had this problem. Am I just not following some rule that everyone else knows to follow?

On top of all this, the entire rules file was altered. Is that supposed to happen when you use the Editor? I thought it would only change the rules for that specific Scenario. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, I ended up having to go back to the FW.zip for the master copy of the Rules file so that I didn't have to fix every line of input one at a time.

If I'm not making any sense, then please tell me, and I'll try to explain the problem better and with more detail. If you know what problem I'm having, please tell me how I can fix (or avoid) it, if you know how. Thanks again for the patches, they are lots of fun, even with the problem I had. I'm just glad I backed up my files.

P.S. I noticed a file Alexandr or something like that in the MGE5.zip. It seemed to be an intro to a scenario. Do you know where I can download the scenario that it is for?
      Ex Fide Vive
      Try my new mod and tell me what you think. I will be revising it per suggestions. Nine Governments Mod

Comment

yes, that bug is a FW bug !

so u have the "good" version

u can use FW "editors" for event and units "section"
        but it bugs when u edit techs

Comment

Yep, come to think of it, everything was going just fine until I tried to edit the technologies. You're absolutely right. So I guess Microprose never got their lazy butts around to fix that bug, eh?

If I could tap into the executable files, I bet I could fix it. Does anyone know how to enter the *.exe files to alter them? Or it might be in the *.dll files. Come to think of it, it could be anywhere. Dangit! You would think they could have tested the thing before they went and sold it to people.

Eyn, you can get the "good" version, too. If you have Civ2 version 2.42 just go to Cedric's webpage and download it.
          Ex Fide Vive

Comment

Dimorier are you making sure that you are saving the files to a totally seprate subdirectory? such as C:/MPS/Civ2/scenarios/ww3/ . This would fix any huge problems with it editing your main rules.txt I have done little scenario editing at all so my experience w/ FW patch or no I can't really rely on, I'll try and test it when I get some free time.
            Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

best way: don't use FW editor

except for "events" i never use FW editors
              and even for events i remind me there is a little "bug": u can't create Barbarian units !

Comment

Working...
              X