This may sound kinds lame, but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may sound kinds lame, but..

Is there ANYWAY in civ 2 to set your cities to produce NOTHING. There are times, I feel, when i'd like my cities to produce neither troops nor citie upgrades. How do I accomplish this?

Discover the Corporation, then set production to gold (capitalization). The city produces krugerands instead of shields.

If there is nothing else to produce, make caravans and save them for wonder building. Otherwise, you have little choice.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

you could build something like a barracks and sell it right away."Poor man's capitolization"
      The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

build spies or diplos, they don't require any support, and always come in handy

Comment

While caravans are the best advice, I sometimes build courthouses and sell them on completion. This is, like Smash's suggestion, a form of capitalization prior to having that option available.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

The only other idea I have is to produce or rehome enough units to the city in question so that it has a shield surplus of zero. The obvious drawback is disbanding if any non-allied unit steps in your city radius, reducing your production by one...
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

Didn't somebody ask the same question a couple of weeks ago?
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: This may sound kinds lame, but..

Originally posted by shogobunky
                Is there ANYWAY in civ 2 to set your cities to produce NOTHING. There are times, I feel, when i'd like my cities to produce neither troops nor citie upgrades. How do I accomplish this?
                W H Y ?

You may as well not build them in the first place.

If in doubt - build a caravan.

--------------

SG(2)
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Didn't somebody ask the same question a couple of weeks ago?
                  With a game as old as Civ, you can expect every question to be asked every few weeks/months.

Including yours.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Heh, heh, heh!

Seems like the King of rethoric has lost his crown. The King is dead, long live the King!

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                    X