Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what level do you play Civilization II?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what level do you play Civilization II?

At what level do you play Civilization II?

(Thanks for the great idea M. le Comte)
    Chieftain
    0.00%
    Warlord
    0.00%
    Prince
    19.15%
    King
    8.51%
    Emperor
    17.02%
    Deity
    55.32%
    -Will you destroy this "Earth"?
    -No, I like to play with things for a while before annihilation!

should make another poll for what level do you win at, I play at deity but olny win at king
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Rasputin:

Good idea... I've been in the same situation!

By the way, why is your nick Rasputin? Has it got to do with that crazy monk? You should change your picture to one of him! He looks really scary...
      -Will you destroy this "Earth"?
      -No, I like to play with things for a while before annihilation!

Comment

i play scenarios at warlord and MP games on deity ("rah rules").
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Deity with some kind of handicap most of the time in SP.OCC,no this,no that,can't do this..etc.
          Scenarios are at deity unless otherwise specified by the creator.

Usually deity or king for MP.Preference would be deity but it really doesn't matter.As long as it the same for everybody.King level almost always means way too many cities get built.

Emperor is a happy medium for mp.Not just a settler fest but you can put down 10 or more with little riot factor problems.

I like high barb settings..as long as they leave me alone early
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by EmperorMing
            Rasputin:

Good idea... I've been in the same situation!

By the way, why is your nick Rasputin? Has it got to do with that crazy monk? You should change your picture to one of him! He looks really scary...
            Umm being an old 1970's Music Lover its just one of my all time Fav songs...

But yes I can get vey crazy too.....

Just see my posts at HOTW2 Thread for how my lovely Israeli civ has changed over the centuries !!!!!!
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I play Emperor and Deity, but I only win at Emperor.

My civ is not crushed in Deity level, but I think the AI cheat too much. I hate canon of the AI, which have 2 or three points of move. I hate their bonus in production. Last week, Russian in Deity built Leonardo's workshop in three turns, hile they had not such a stack of gold, and while they hadn't began yet the construction of a wonder. So Deity is a big challenge, but only because the AI cheats a lot. That's really annoying.

I hope it will change a bit in civ 3
              M. le Comte

Comment

"Spl-Spl-Spl-Splut-Splutter-Splut"

Deity.

The AI isn't that bad under Deity...you get used to it.

I prefer archipelagoes because then you need all the unit types (land, sea and air) and more strategy than on large land masses...it's more challenging to find good city sites, and doesn't allow you to build too many cities. You need more strategy, tactics and logistics.

Mmmkay?
                My warrior beat a fortified musketeer behind city walls in a city located on a mountain!!! W00t! If only the other 32 warriors had the same luck...

Comment

like smash i play Emp, i can win at diety but it's a bit of a slog, at least with Emp if you don't get the happy wonders you've still got a fighting chance by getting invention and ICSing

Comment

I don't play Deity level so often. Last time I played it was on a scenario game. I was quite successful in the beginning and some 3000 years passed before I made my first contact with another civ.
                    They were 500 years ahead of me in science and I couldn't make peace with them. They nuked me and destroyed my civ.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
                      I like high barb settings..as long as they leave me alone early
                      Ah, a diplomat in each outlying city cures that problem! Buy a horseman for 42 gold, he nabs the leader the next turn for a 108 gold profit. You end up with a huge mercenary army...

I used to play barbarians at restless tribes, but raging hordes is more fun in the early going. It forces a bit more effort on defensive strategy while you expand.
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

I play emporer, but last four games I conquered the world without much problems, so may be it's time to move to deity.

By the way, all those four games I only wanted to build the spaceship. After 1750 they all kept attacking me so often, that I had to do some punishing. That way I grew larger and larger and ended up conquering the world.

Imagine that I never won at emporer with civ1 while i've played that game so much more

Comment

Ah, a diplomat in each outlying city cures that problem! Buy a horseman for 42 gold, he nabs the leader the next turn for a 108 gold profit. You end up with a huge mercenary army...
                          They are so often on the same square. So you have to take the blow before you can cash the leader.

Comment

*sigh* and ming told me he had no d/ls
                            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I play Emperor now, usually. King sometimes, but that tends to be too easy. I've played Deity and got my butt kicked each time. I imagine I could win on Deity by following the instructions so many have posted, but I don't have the patience or discipline for that!

When I started to visit Apolyton I played on Prince/King... so I think it's helped me become a better player. That, or the drugs.

STYOM
                              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                              X