patch? v.2.78

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patch? v.2.78

I've been downloading maps and mods etc. and I found that there must be a patch called 2.78? Is this so and where can I get it?
    Thanks
    moondog

I think 2.78 is Fantastic Worlds add on.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Yep 2.7.8l is the Fantastic Worlds expansion, you can get my FW patch from the link below.
      Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

Cedric's patch isn't warez or anything.You MUST OWN a copy of Civ2 for it to do anything.It is an update.There is a difference.

If you know where to get a copy of FW anywhere else please share.....
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Damn! And i wanted to add nanotech to my tech tree....
          I suppose that fantastic worlds is probably imposable to find anymore to huh?

Comment

If i post a link it will be deleted.They don't understand what Cedric's patch is.

It would be a major miracle to find a copy of FW.

I will private message you the link to his upgrade

Comment

FW

I went to cedric's site and tried to download his "patch" there wasen't anything there or you need th have fw installed first.
              Or am I missing something?

Comment

You must be missing something.You need to own a copy of Civ2 2.42(classic).The upgrades just changes a few files.

Comment

you have to have the fw expansion disk first right? then download cedric's file to What? make it better?
                  Anyway I'm missing the fw expansion disk...
                  I think that's the problem....
                  I have 2.42 installed on my system.... Found a copy of the original civll at wal-mart only cost me $10.00... heheh

Comment

no you don't need the the FW disk,just the original.That was the whole point of making the upgrade.You can't find the disk anywhere.
                    There is an MGE update also.

Comment

ok then should there be an exe. file in the download? cause there wasen't any, it was just a file called fw patch but no exe. file.
                      hmmmm seem's like there's no way to install it.
                      and what is MGE? do I need that as well for the FW file?

Comment

The FW Patch is an .ace file which is a form of zip file which requires WinAce to unzip. You will need version 2.00 or later of WinAce to unzip it and you can get the shareware from www.winace.com . The MGE patch is to upgrade to MultiPlayer Gold Edition.
                        Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

Working...
                        X