Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damnit, my scenarios ****ed up my game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damnit, my scenarios ****ed up my game...

well the Thread says it all... i installed two scn's into my civ2 directory and now my game woun't even start!!!

can you guys help me?? because i got another problem too , and that's my cd room which is broke... for some reasons.. so i can't reinstall the whole game again... just my typical luck...

So i got to fix it... somehow... and i don't got any clues how to do it?? the only way i can think of is if there is a site where i can download civ2!! do anyone know where i can do this??

or the other option is to get all the files that could have been changed in the Scn editor to go back to normal, with other words can someone send me these files?? files like rules.txt , events.txt and so on.....

plzzzzzz anyone help me..... i wanna play civ2 again!!!!!

email: jk_jens@hotmail.com
    jens

That sucks

have you tried looking for duplicate files in the main civ2 folder? I'm assuming you placed the scenarios in the main folder. Next time create a seperate folder for each sceanrio. There should be no events.txt for the regular game so delete that file... g'luck!

Comment

try fixing the heap size in the labels.txt to a higher value, this might at least make you able to start the game, the rules might be messed though

Comment

My Civ II won't run without the disc in the CD-ROM, even though the only thing it uses it for is the wonder movies and diplo screens. If your CD-ROM is broke, might that be the "No start" explanation?
        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

What version of Civ are you running? I will assume you're using 2.42 or earlier. Your options are: A) Go buy a new copy of the game. B) (Re)Install the 2.42 patch. and/or C) Install my 2.42toFW patch. These should fix what is wrong with your game. If you have a different version let me know andI'll try and think of something.
          Cedric's Civilization 2 Page, Home of the FW, MGE, and ToT Patches

Comment

Working...
          X