'we Love The Babe/lovely Bloke In Charge Day'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'we Love The Babe/lovely Bloke In Charge Day'

erm, its always nice to have a whole empire worshiping you like this, but i dont really know what the ultimate benifits are. if some one could enlighten me plz....
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Two huge benefits to start.

One, an extra trade arrow in every celbrating city worker square with an arrow. That means almost doubling trade arrows in monarchy or communism, half again in republic or democracy.

Two, if your city celebrates, and there is at least a one sheaf food surplus, it gains one free population the next turn. You can bop right up to a huge size (provided acqueduct and sewer are built in time) in little time at all.

You can figure out how much this can help you as the game goes on! It's definitely worth doing. Read the Great Library thread entry, too. (I'm pretty sure there is one...)
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

That's not entirely correct. Under despotism, monarchy, communism and fundamentalism you get one extra trade arrow on every square that already produces one or more trade arrows. Under republic and democracy your city will grow by one population unit per turn, provided that you have a food surplus. And of course you must have aqueduct and sewer to grow past sizes 8 and 12.

Comment

Yes there is a Git (or two) on duty - sorry Paul - you too are not entirely correct - in Despotism a celebrating city enjoys the full benefits of the resources of a Monarchy.

Comment

Of course. I shouldn't answer people's questions when I've been sleeping badly and really in need of some more sleep. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

Comment

What are the benefits of a "we love the mister day" in anarchy? I've never done one. I'm not sure.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Originally posted by Father Beast
              What are the benefits of a "we love the mister day" in anarchy? I've never done one. I'm not sure.
              Anarchy: No benifit

Despotism: Your cities utilize tiles as though you were a Monarchy (ie: you loose the -1 penalty from tiles producing 3 or more food/arrows/sheilds)

Monarchy, Comunism, Fundy: Your cities produce trade as if you were a Republic.

Republic, Democracy: Your cities will grow at 1 person per turn so long as you have a food surplus and the appropriate improvements (Aqueduct/ Sewer system).

It also appears that corruption rates for Monarchy are reduced (to that of Rebublic?) for celebrating cities.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

is that why then, that when i am a democracy (and as i like war i always have extreamly high luxuries to cover up discontent) My cities always get to 25 population and then starve because they grew quicker then i could get supermarkets?

Comment

If your city produces an odd amount of food, you will get a one-food shortage when the city has reached its maximum size. If your foodbox was nearly empty this can lead to starvation. A possible solution is to convert a plains square to a grassland. That will increase the city's food production by one and end the starvation.

Comment

A possible solution is to convert a plains square to a grassland...
                    Or air-base a mined hill...

Comment

but i find that i cant be bothered to make more engineers because it will just thrunst me further into starvation, in transforming terrain is a problem, because i get lost of pollution now to (even before factories!)

Comment

To solve the starving SSC - use food freights. Initially, make sure the city has a granary. Each new food route will provide an extra sheaf of food. If your food is already below the midway line of the granary it will fill on delivery of the caravan.

-----------------

SG(2)
                        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
                          but i find that i cant be bothered to make more engineers because it will just thrunst me further into starvation, in transforming terrain is a problem, because i get lost of pollution now to (even before factories!)
                          If a cities greater than size 20 then all the extra citizens are using two food and not producing any, so the food situation is no worse if you build an engineer.
                          "One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching."

Comment

good point

Comment

Working...
                            X