No announcement yet.

Viewing other civs while you play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good reputation helps with trading maps, they need to be worshipful generally if you're supreme, early in the game or if you're less than supreme they will usually trade if enthusiastic and occasionally with a lower rating if they're a civilized civ.
    "One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching."

Comment

So what if I toggle the cheat button and hit reveal map? Just to get an idea of what the scope of other civs looks like.

I would not continue that game.

How do you all feel about folks who sometimes do that?

Mind you, I have not done it yet.

sboog

Comment

When you end the game it says that you cheated in big red writing. :banned:
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by sboog
          So what if I toggle the cheat button and hit reveal map? Just to get an idea of what the scope of other civs looks like.

I would not continue that game.

How do you all feel about folks who sometimes do that?

Mind you, I have not done it yet.

sboog
          The cheat menu is there for you to learn from use it whenever you want. one day you will paly right through with out cheating and then you know how well you are going
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
            What version are you playing sboog - I think that the casualty pop-up and time line are only normal in MPGE - you can get casualties from the Defence Advisor in v2.42, but no pop-up.
            That would be correct. I was really surpirsed when that happened first time I played MGE.

Comment

Once a foreign city has built a Wonder, the "find city" menu choice will show you where in the black that city is. You still have to explore to get there, but this helps.

Also the top five cities choice (F8?) or menu option will give you a clue as to who else is in the game, especially before any wonders are built.

On large maps, Marco Polos Embassy is well worth building, as it is easier to get the AI to share maps earlier in the game. Don't automatically clear the popups in 2.42 as these often have clues as to who else is on the map. The name of the early game is exploration and expansion, no matter what style you later adopt.
              One more way to just identify the AI cast is to choose the diplomacy menu option "declare war on _____" of the first AI you meet. The program will present a list of the other five current AIs. You can then cancel or go for it, as you probably won't have enough money for the needed bribe. The AI will respond they don't have contact with that civ, which may be true or may mean you don't have sufficient funds to induce them to go to war. Occassionally, the AI will respond that they are already at war with that blankedy-blank civ.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
              X