Not enough objectives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not enough objectives

In some of the modpacks which are based upon the objective scoring system, like the Cuba War, Yugoslavie, and Lord of the Rings modpacks, when I play them, they all have an incorrect number of objective cities, namely too few.

Is there something which I need to install to correct this? Is it because of corrupt game files, or is it due to some other cause?

I have both the Fantastic Worlds and Conflicts in Civilisation add-ons. So what could be the problem? Please help, and let me thank you for the contributions beforehand.
    My warrior beat a fortified musketeer behind city walls in a city located on a mountain!!! W00t! If only the other 32 warriors had the same luck...

hmmm

FW scenarios may use "3 pts" cities. MGE don't "support" this FW option but u write u have FW... never have such a bug when i play with FW

if u have FW could u help me ? ---> see msg Civ2-general Forum "need Civ2 FW owner for a test". thanks

Comment

The later versions don't count multiple objective cities if the scenario was created in an earlier version of the game. I'm not sure if this is true for all versions, but MGE definitely does not.

If a city is an objective, and wonders are also objectives, the later game versions do not count the wonders. If a city simply has a multiple objective point value, the later version will see it as having none at all. The only solution I know is to have somebody with the older version post a list of the objectives for you.
      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
      intelligence to few.

Comment

Thanks.

Oh, and what exactly does MGE stand for?
        My warrior beat a fortified musketeer behind city walls in a city located on a mountain!!! W00t! If only the other 32 warriors had the same luck...

Comment

Sorry for the presumption! Some common acronyms on these forums:

MGE - multiplayer gold edition
          FW - fantastic worlds
          SP - single player
          MP - multiplayer
          SMAC - sid meier's alpha centauri
          Ctp - call to power
          GL - great library
          OCC - one city challenge
          ICS - infinite city sleaze
          SSC - super science city

There are more, context ought to help with wonders and such.

intelligence to few.

Comment

Okay, thanks.

Comment

Explanation

I get all of them except for the OCC and ICS...what are they and how do they work?

Comment

OCC and ICS are full-game strategies. Check the links in the Great Library Index thread in the CivII Strategy forum. There you will find all you need to know. In a nutshell, they are:

OCC - You build only one city and win the race to alpha centauri.

ICS - You build more cities than you can count, never letting them grow (happiness issues), and overrun the world.

They are interesting extremes to taking advantage of how the civII game works. Each can teach you different parts of civII and improve your game, even if you play somewhere in between these extremes. Good luck!

intelligence to few.

Comment

Okay, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X