X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you make me sound evil.
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

your not evil, you just killed one of my dreams...

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
        your not evil, you just killed one of my dreams...
        well if thats your dream it proves all of us are truely fanatical

testing new smilies-:banned: :banned: :banned:
        "Nuke em all, let god sort it out!"

Comment

i never build helicopters any more , can any one please explai na reasonable use for them,, seems to be much cheaper attack units and much better defenders, bombers and fighters , espceially stealth are much better too as air units...

As for the carrying ability, i dont think there is a need to allow paratroopers to be carried on a plane as the whole concept of the paratrooper is that it utilises an invisible plane s part of its unit... it is not just an expensive ground unit you building here but the airsupport as well is inlcuded in the shield cost of the unit ..

One thing i would like though is the ability to fly units from one location to another, i know i can do this one at a time with citys with airports, but why not from airbases too... perhaps we shoudl be able to name the airbases and be able to fly from any one to another same as airports...
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Earwicker

What happens if you equip a transport with that ability and try to paradrop it when it's loaded
            Captain Nemo used this effect to simulate gliders in his scenario 'Second Front'.
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by splangy
              it proves all of us are truely fanatical
              That several people jumped right on Andy-Man's parachuting battleships does show a little over-the-edge obsessiveness. That's what attracts us to this forum. We're all that way. Note that transport ships are "invisible." Neither the paratrooper's short-range plane nor the airport's long-range plane is built or shown within the game. The long-range version can even be shot down without being seen by the players.

Case, how did Capt Nemo's "glider" thing work?
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
                Case, how did Capt Nemo's "glider" thing work?
                It was a ship with a capacity to hold 2 units and the ability to paradrop. You start the scenario with a heap of them loaded with British Commandos.

Here are its stats:
                Horsa Glider, The, 2, 1.,0, 0a,1d, 1h,1f, 18,2, 4, no, 000000100100000
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Working...
                X