Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOL,

All I can say is WOW!

I've never gotten that far. I put your latest one (1500ad or so) in my Civ2 folder, and it came up fine.

I hope others will view this too. I don't have the experience to really appreciate all that went into this.

But thank you for sending it to us. It surely makes me aware of the scope and size of this game.

Will try to play it and see what happens.

Thanks again.

sboog (I only put the latest one into my folder. But I will add others later.)

Comment

No problem, I figured naming the cities like that would help me improve my expansion and stuff and go some way to replacing the old animation of civ1 where you get to see how the size of your civ changed during the game. Just zoom out and you can see it all in one go.
      "One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching."

Comment

EOL, I loaded your scenarios (very neat idea, by the way), and I noticed something odd. When I load the last scenario (1800 A.D., I think) I noticed that the AI takes forever to finish it's turn. I get a lot of "We love the High Priest" messages, and the turn takes several minutes to complete. Is this normal? Is there a way to speed it up? If not, that's pretty annoying. I'm hoping that it's not normal for the game to take longer and longer the further you get. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by rwprice
          EOL, I loaded your scenarios (very neat idea, by the way), and I noticed something odd. When I load the last scenario (1800 A.D., I think) I noticed that the AI takes forever to finish it's turn. I get a lot of "We love the High Priest" messages, and the turn takes several minutes to complete. Is this normal? Is there a way to speed it up? If not, that's pretty annoying. I'm hoping that it's not normal for the game to take longer and longer the further you get. Thanks again for your help.
          You just need to open the game as an old saved game (its not a scenario). I expect that all the WLTHD messages will only come up for the first turn after you load the save just as a reminder, you can turn these messages off in one of the in-game options screen during a game, which should stop them in future games too unless change the option again. In the very last save 1810AD the world is conquered and ending the turn should finish the game.

The AI turns shouldn't take any time - in 1800AD the only AI left is the Babs who have only a handful of cities/units. There are a fair number of barbs in the northern part of Canada but you should be able to see them moving if they are causing the problem. In fact the AI turns shouldn't take a noticeable amount of time at the point of any of the saves (barring loads of pop-ups).

Playing bloodlust the turns can get dramatically longer as the game progresses, but in these saves I've not really started building many units until about 1770 so as to keep turn length down, so turns should be short for saves before then (no more than 5 mins, if you're not having to familiarize yourself with the state of affairs having just opened it up). The 1800AD save may take 20mins or more for you to move your units and sort out city production etc...
          "One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching."

Comment

Working...
          X