The Case of the Missing Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Case of the Missing Civ

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a 'feature'.

I'm currently playing a Hotseat (two of us), Deity level, seven civs, Raging Hordes, Small world game. I've built MP and can see all the civilizations except for one. Whenever I try to list the Roman cities, the screen just blinks and stays the same. They are in despotism, have 0 gold, and have discovered about 10 scientific advancements. Surely they have a city or two, don't they?
    Frodo lives!

Dam these new forums are slow.A curse on them.

anyways..that happens a fair bit on small maps.They get plunked down with no suitable place to build.Like a pole.Sometimes the 7th civ never even makes it in at all.I'm surprised its white unless you guys have conquered and spawned a new white civ.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I don't think the Romans are the second White civ. And the fact that they have so many discoveries would seem to indicate that they've been around for a while.
      Frodo lives!

Comment

Actually, that says to me that the Romans are the second white civ; when the comp auto-places a civ later in the game, it gives them more starting techs than they would have received if they had been placed in 4000b.c.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I've had the same thing happen in SP games, when civs are killed off and restarted after all the good land is taken. The reborn civ does get a whack of techs in a (generally futile) attempt to make them competitive.

The way I confirmed it was by exchanging maps with the invisible newcomers - for that turn, you'll be able to see their settlers, wandering pitifully around Greenland

STYOM
          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

So the consensus is that the Romans have replaced the Celts (or Russians) and have a truck load of scientific advancements. However, the must not have any cities built yet or I would expect to see them via MP. I'll keep you all posted as to whether a city shows up in the next few turns.

Thanks.
            Frodo lives!

Comment

Sometimes when you play on small maps, all of the civs cant be fit in.
              Alex

Comment

If you want to avoid having some civs not turning up you can play as the purple civ. Then the AI is usually able to place all the civs but you can end up with some terrible terrain.
                "One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching."

Comment

Working...
                X