max. shields?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max. shields?!?

Yesterday I was bored and played around in cheat mode. I created a city on a grass square completely surrounded by hills. I then gave the city King Richard's and mined and airbased all of the hills. The city had 252 shields. Impressive!!!

The weird thing was that it took 5 turns to create a Wonder (252 X 5 = 1260!?!). I figure it should have only taken 3 turns.

It was the same with spaceships parts and some military items (battleship, stealth bomber). The amount of turns listed was longer than expected given a rate of 252 shields per turn. So my question is whether there is some built-in maximum shield allowance. Say something like 128. I know that many limitations in the game are bit-related (gold (16-bit), # of cities (8-bit), # of future techs (8-bit)), so maybe this is another one. Any comments?

I don't why but 120 seems to pop into my mind.Probably from scenarios.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I actually double checked and it seems that 7 is the magic number. It doesn't matter how many shields your city actually produces, the number of turns listed for "capitalization" or a Wonder (for example) is never initially below seven.

It doesn't matter whether the city produces 120 shields or 262 (my new high for a city). So the 128 (or 120 - but 7-bit related in any case) rule doesn't make much sense.

Comment

I seem to remember that in Red Front there was a unit that was 130 sheilds but I could not finish it in 1 turn without buying some sheilds despite having enough production.Something like that.
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Thats a lot of shields!
          Alex

Comment

Not so many shields

Well, 262 is a lot of shields but it's possible if you have a city located in a heavily hilled area (with coal or iron if possible). Then just build mines and airbases. Poof!!! You can have a city of size 30 with over 250 shields (not much trade though but who cares???). This can be quite a "tide turner" in a close game...

:banned:

Comment

That's what you get for playing around in cheat mode.
              Last edited by Meeko; July 25, 2001, 08:38.
              My warrior beat a fortified musketeer behind city walls in a city located on a mountain!!! W00t! If only the other 32 warriors had the same luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Meeko
                What seven turn limit? Is that what it lists as the building time, or is that how long that you've noticed it takes? I once had a city registering that it can build a WoW in 3 turns, and I believe it did.

I also had cities building bombers and battleships in 3 turns (my main production city with Shakespeare's)...hmm...
                Was that a 600 shield wonder, since building bombers and battleships in 3 (or 2) turns is nothing special?
                "One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make sure it is worth watching."

Comment

I remember that only 100 shields were collected in the shield box every turn, even the surplus production is higher than 100 shields.

Comment

I think it's a glitch depending on which patch one is using.

I'm sure that I can get more than 100 shields in one turn.

I am also sure that the minimum time listed for Corporation and Wonders is 7 (at least in my game). This is the case whether your city is producing 85 shields or 262 shields.

And finally, I am sure that I can't produce a 600 shield wonder in my 262 shield city in 3 turns. Although I can't say for sure if it took 5 turns or 7 turns.

Comment

bombers and battleships

Hmm...I posted that originally because (and it may have been my imagination, though that I doubt) someone posted about how bombers and battleships had the same problem as the wonders, or something.

I guess they deleted it or edited it out.
                      My warrior beat a fortified musketeer behind city walls in a city located on a mountain!!! W00t! If only the other 32 warriors had the same luck...

Comment

Working...
                      X