Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score 4325 and still "Worthless"?

I assume it's a glitch:

Emperor level - standard everything. 40,000 colonists on AC; 220million popn - none of them unhappy; 50+ thriving cities; all WOW (except Man Proj - built that 1 year too late); total points 4325; no pollution; all but about 20 years in 20th Century in peace.

Final score: -222% that's minus 222 percent! Winston Churchill the Worthless!

What gives?

Now considering I played this game on-and-off for about 3 months, it was a bit of a let down!!

Yep, it's a bug. In fact, what happened was that you overflowed some variable, not the final score variable itself, though. I'd say that some value that was stored in a signed variable (signed variable -> can have a negative value) went over 127, thus going to the negative.

Then when the final score variable was multiplied by this variable your final score went to negative, too. I'd guess that the final score is a long int (long integer -> range 0-65535, or -32768-32767 if signed).

EDIT after Paul's post: Then again, I'm not too sure...
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Download the v2.42 patch. It will fix the negative score percentage and several other bugs.

In the older versions the percentage would go negative when you got more than 255%.

Comment

Thanks guys - I'll get onto that patch...

Comment

Working...
        X