Newest Patches? Where do I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Patches? Where do I go?

I'm trying to determine the patch that I should be downloading. Up until now I figured that "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but I've decided that I should at least see what I'm missing.

But where do I go and which is the best (not necessarily the newest I guess) of the patches?

(This should probably be in the Help section but I figure I'll get a quicker answer here)

BTW I don't have MPG (yet ) but rather have the original version of CivII .
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

For Civ II, 2.42 is the best (and most recent) to have, you can probably find it at Microprose, but the Gamespot has most patches you'll need. The Civ II patch at Gamespot is here - http://www.gamespot.com/strategy/civ...downloads.html

Comment

I never thought about that. I have purchased Fanstastic Worlds though. Is the latest patch included on that. It lists patch 2.42. I'll have to check what I'm civ2 version I'm running I guess.

Comment

Thank you John-SJ. Found it and downloaded it, now to see what (if any) difference the patch makes. Thanks for the help.
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Bart, I think you don´t need to update anything. Civ2FW came with the latest version of standard civ2.
          Lucky you! I bough the MGE, hoping to use the FW but it is completely bugged!! Diplomacy is completely ruined up and MICROPROSE DID NOT FIX IT!!!!!!!!!
          ------------------------

DAMNED MICROPROSE!! You
          have screwed up diplomacy with AI in you
          MGE!
          Fix it!

(I will sign with this as long as the problem is not solved)
          ------------------------

Comment

All patches for Civ II, MGE and TOT can be found in the database here at Apolyton. Go to the special section or search for author "Microprose".

Sven
            Database Manager
            Sven
            Civ 2 Database Manager

Comment

Yeah it turns out I didn't need it. I already had that stuff fixed. Cruise missles changed to 18 etc. I was thinking about getting MGE. From what I seen here, I think I'd just have 2 copies of civ on my hard drive (like I do with smac). One for multiplaying, and one for single player.

Comment

Working...
              X