The tiniest of observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tiniest of observations

I don't believe this is mentioned in the manual. I haven't seen it in any of the "help" guides you can buy. And I've never seen it in a thread on Apolyton. I'm sure most people have noticed it but for those who never have...

As the AI takes its turns, in the lower right hand corner of the screen, a small square changes colors as the different AI opponents take their turn. It's nothing earth-shattering but as I anxiously await for the Zulus to make their move on one of my cities, it is comforting to see them come and go in the play of the game and see them miss their opportunity.

I didn't notice this for about six months of playing.
    Frodo lives!

another interesting thing is that in MP only the host sees the little sqare chnge colour....
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Re: The tiniest of observations

Originally posted by kcbob
      I didn't notice this for about six months of playing.
      And I didn't notice this for about six years of playing...
      Hasdrubal's Home.
      Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

I noticed this the instant I began playing Civ2.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

When did DanQ talk on radio about Apolyton??

I noticed it cause civ1 had a Black and White square and Colonisation had the coloured squares.
          Destruction is a lot easier than construction. The guy who operates a wrecking ball has a easier time than the architect who has to rebuild the house from the pieces.--- Immortal Wombat.

Comment

And I thought that this is a well known fact.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkknight
              When did DanQ talk on radio about Apolyton??
              It`s somewhere in the history section of the Apolyton site. You`ll have to look around a bit, because I can`t remember exactly where it is. It boasts how the program DanQ was on had 23 listeners at one time, so I thought I would make fun off this achievement, because I`m spiteful.
              "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I noticed it quickly but it took me a few weeks to figure out what it meant.

Oh, the deadly combination of beer and wee-hour Civving . . .

Comment

Hadn't noticed that aspect in over 8 years of civving. Always watched the others move. Only saw the color of my own civ during my move. Read this here, checked it out. There's always something.
                  No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                  "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                  X