Succession in the real world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Succession in the real world...

All right, there is a call for a new non-deity succession game. Anatolia's has garnered interest, and more people want to sign up. I'll start one to appease the apolyton masses!

Game parameters: MGE, Emperor, raging hordes, 7 civs, real world map.

How fair is it that I will know the map? It's not. Consider my first ruler as being a sort of mystic. It won't take too much exploration to reveal where we are. I have two maps in mind, and will take votes for which one those who sign up would prefer:
    • MapA is large and mostly land, ocean plays a minor role.
    • MapB is a bit smaller and mostly ocean, navies will be important.

When you sign up, specify your preference of map. Both have much rough terrain, but also plenty of good terrain to work with.

Play will be 20 turns per player until (if) we reach 1750. At that point I'll decide if we have enough cities to warrant 10 turns per person.
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

I'm in if you'll have me. First succession game, and I'm pretty much limited to weekends until August.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I would love to play but I will be away until 7th July so I could not take a turn until then. Either Map sounds ok for me , I will just adapt.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I'll jump in. Doesn't matter to me which game I'm part of, so long as I'm not the one starting.

Now, I'm going to be out of town for a while in mid-to-late July, so I won't have access to Apolyton. I'm not exactly sure when this break will be, but I'll keep you posted. In any case, I won't be able to participate during then, so someone will have to go in my place.

...I suppose I'll go with the ocean map.

Edit: I'll also be out after mid-September. The reason is that school starts then, and since I'm going to a private school, I won't have much time for Civ or Apolyton.
        Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; June 28, 2001, 11:26.
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

I'm in too, with the MapA (land one),... I can play until the end of July,...

Comment

count me in too please.. i prefer the mapb with navies....

lets try to be flexible and let these people who are unavaialble still paly , but let them join the lsit when htey return ...
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

The game is afoot!

I think there are enough people to start playing. Thanks for signing up! The list of players is:
              1. Marquis de Sodaq
              2. Krazyhorse (weekend warrior)
              3. Hydey (after july 7)
              4. Vlad Antlerkov
              5. Rixxe
              6. Rasputin

If more want to join, it seems there might always be somebody in the list who needs a stand-in. We can adjust as needed. Votes for which map to use:

2 votes: abstain
              1 vote: MapA (land)
              2 votes: MapB (ocean)

This is voting american and french style! So the watery map wins out. Or do we want two concurrent games, one with each map? I could just start a second thread for the second map. I'll start up and post the save game tonight...
              Last edited by Marquis de Sodaq; June 29, 2001, 12:16.

intelligence to few.

Comment

The Aztecs begin to write history...

we were given a starting position, other civs and resources were random

At the dawn of history, the Aztecs find themselves in very favorable conditions. They have a lovely lake home, with wheatfields nearby. They have knowledge of alphabet, ceremonial burial, and bronze working. Montezuma de Sotlac has risen to chieftainship among the people, and decides to lead them to greatness.

4000bc - Settlers build the city of Tenochtitlan and begin working the fields. A nearby village intrigues the locals. In order to administer fairly, Montezuma de Sotlac calls together the elders in order to assemble a code of laws.

3750bc - The first Aztec warriors are outfitted and sent to meet the neighbors.

3700bc - The village to the south has many young men willing to join our army. They ride in chariots drawn by horses. They could kill us easily, it's good they are friendly and impressed with our knowledge... They head eastward, our warriors go west.

3600bc - The chariot stumbles upon a group of nomads! They turn out to be kin and go in search of a place to settle.

3550bc - The warriors find some valuable metals in the western mountains. Local merchants appraise them at 25g.

3500bc - Wise men complete the Code of Laws. Now that he has rules, Montezuma de Sotlac decides he ought to legitimize his leadership by creating a monarchy.

3450bc - The nomads settle down on the coast near the spice swamp, naming their city Teotihuacan. The chariots continue eastward.

3400bc - The chariot finds another group of nomadic kin roaming the river valley. They decide to settle at the river's mouth.

3350bc - The nomads build Tlatelolco at the mouth of the river. The chariot continues eastward, our warriors leave the mountains to move north.

3150bc - Montezuma de Sotlac declares a new monarchy has been designed. It is only fitting that he should be the first king, he says. Anarchy sets in as pretenders vie for the new throne. Wise men are ordered to devise a system of coinage, so that the economy may be set in motion. The warriors find more metal deposits, these worth twice what was found in the mountains.

3050bc - Montezuma de Sotlac beheads the last pretender to the Aztec throne, and declares himself king. Celebrations ensue, maidens galore are sent to the palace for the occasion. As the millenium comes to a close, our first king orders phalanx outfitted in the cities to defend against any greedy, jealous neighbors.

The royal demographers tell that our kingdom is the world's first, our king is the most popular, and the Aztecs are the greatest people by almost any measure. Pleased with how his long rule has gone, Montezuma de Sotlac then relinquishes the throne, trusting his fortune will continue with the next dynasty...
                Attached Files

intelligence to few.

Comment

Marquis- I only said that I'd be gone for a week or so in mid-July... I should be available after that. What I wrote down in my original post was a little misleading

Comment

During the slightly extended 1100 year reign of KrazyHorse, three new towns were founded, including the advanced tribe named "Montreal" which was discovered already in place. First Currency was discovered, and then Trade. When we ventured into another of the primitive huts known to contain surprises (both good and bad) we discovered knowledge of Mysticism. Other such huts included many horseman units, and in one case a friendly group of nomads. These nomads were set to work in the northeastern jungle region of our empire, altering the jungle terrain to grassland at a future planned city site. This site will take some time to become suitable, but will pay off the initial investment quickly, due to the surprising abundance of whales in that region. Immediately prior to the forced retirement of KrazyHorse, the Vikings made contact with the city of Montreal. Having just been created, this city had no defences, and the king was all too happy to make peace with the Viking emissary. The Vikings offered to trade our knowlege of Trade in return for their knowledge of Masonry, but it was deemed prudent to allow the next king to make such a decision. Immediately afterwards, our wise men discovered Writing, and the decision was made to work on Masonry next. If the next king wishes, we may acquire Masonry from the Vikings, and reallocate the resources we have put toward discovering Masonry to the discovery of some other piece of wisdom. The future looks bright for the Aztec Empire as we possess three settlers who may shortly found future cities, in addition to four exploratory units.
                    Attached Files
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

is hydey palying next or is he still away till after july 7 is so is the next palyer stepping upto bat ???

Just impatient to get to my turn

Comment

The Prosperous Reign of Antlericus I

The basic overview of my reign: A Wonder of the World is under construction; more cities are founded, including the one at that particularily choice spot KrazyHorse selected; a few local rebellions; and some developing of the interior. Now, the detailed version.

1900 BC- Xochicalco founded at (40,76). Texcoco and Montreal complete their Phalanxes; they both switch production to Settlers.

1800 BC- Rushed Settlers at Tenochtitlan.

1750 BC- Settlers at Tenochtitlan completed. Began construction of road to Teotihuacan.

1700 BC- Barbarian uprising near (52,58). Got 50 gold and Horseback Riding from huts.

1600 BC- Civ rankings: Aztecs 1st, Vikings 5th. Discovered Masonry; now researching the fine art of building pots and ceramics, called "pottery" by our wise men.

1550 BC- Tlatelolco builds Settlers. Got Polytheism from hut. Calixtlahuaca completes Phalanx; switches production to Horsemen.

1500 BC- Teotihuacan builds Settlers. Founded Tlacopan at (28,78). Got Archers from hut, sent it to Tlacopan, switched Tlacopan's production to settlers.

1450 BC- Got merc legion from hut. Found irrigated square nearby. Is it the Vikings?

1400 BC- Yeppo. Found the Viking city of Kaupang. Settlers killed near Tlatelolco by barb Horsemen. Xochicalco finished Phalanx; switched to Settler production. Rushed Settlers at Tenochtitlan. We discovered "pottery" at around this time.

1350 BC- Civil Disorder in Texcoco. Found Literacy from hut. Tenochtitlan builds Settlers. I set them to work building road to Texcoco.

1300 BC- Order restored in Texcoco; rushed Settlers there.

1250 BC- Completed Settlers at Texcoco; switched to building Temple. Atzcapotzalco founded at (59,61). I'll admit, KrazyHorse did a good job selecting the site

1200 BC- Calixtlahuaca completes Horsemen, switches to Settlers. Got Settlers and 50 gold from huts.

1150 BC- Just noticed the river square under Tenochtitlan. God, do I feel like an idiot

1100 BC- Had the Settler that was building Tenochtitlan-Texcoco road recalled to Tenochtitlan. It's now irrigating. Founded Tzintzuntzen at (21,73). Some of these Aztec city names are just hilarious Got 50 gold from hut.

1050 BC- Civil Disorder in Tlatelolco and Calixtlahuaca. Decided to start working on HG, by switching to Caravans in Tenochtitlan and the HG in Teotihuacan. On a side note, Tenochtitlan-Teotihuacan road complete.

1000 BC- Montreal builds Settlers. Order restored in Tlatelolco and Calixtlahuaca.

975 BC- The end of the 975-year reign of Antlericus I. May my successors do better... much better

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! The savegame is too large to attach...
                        Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; June 30, 2001, 10:18.

Comment

OK, now that I've figured out how to compress a file using WinME, here it is (in .zip format):
                          Attached Files

Comment

OK, I was out this week-end, and I'm currently at work,... I'll take my turn tonight,...

Comment

cool i cna hardly wait i am next !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X