No announcement yet.

Expelling Enemy Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG is correct, as usual; boats only go home at alliance-ending time. However, EST is right about land units intruding on other civ's territory also being removed. Thus, if the Egyptians object and you withdraw, troops in Persian and Indian territory also withdraw (provided you are not at war with them), and some of those states move after the request. There goes your bottleneck, irrespective of the fact that it wasn't that civ that asked you to move. On occasion, I've had troops next to cities of civs I was at war with get moved to friendly cities. Quelle irritating! This is clearly a glitch. (First time it happened, I thought the troops had disappeared -- the program left two entrenched infantry but removed two artillery an two cavalry. ACK! However, as the move progressed, up they popped -- on an ISLAND about 5 squares away. Cost me 4 moves to recover from that.)
    No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
    "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

It's very nice that "withdraw troops" statement, but it's just annoying it doesn't work (barely) for human players.
      How many times haven't you had the message "We have no time for your enless chattering" when you send a diplo to ask to withdraw some troops, while you get it sometimes each and every folowing turn(just a popupscreen with the options :withdraw or declare war).
      btw if one of your units occupies a terainsquare one of the AI cities also occupies,it always belongs to the AI ,for military reasons.

shade
      ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
      "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
      shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Working...
      X