Jet a thought...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet a thought...

How's about a scenario regardin' Afganistan?
    The Little mountain Nation has survived a long and storied history, yet I's yet ta' see one scenario about it.
    Perhaps the Soviet invasion in the 70's-80's?
    That would make fer a great guerrilla warfare scenario. Ye could play the Muji-Hideen with their stingers against USSR's might.
    Or mebbe one about the Northern Alliance's struggle with the Talibad? It's fun to play a conflict between two poor nations, as "Yugoslavia: the suicide of a Nation" proves.
    http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
    Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
    ------------------------
    ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

That's a good idea since I like playing all kinds of scenarios. But it would probably be hard to make this one, Russian tanks and Migs would quickly sweep off those pesky guerrillas in the game.

And I agree, "Yugoslavia: the suicide of a Nation" is fun to play.

Correction: Afghanistan, Mujahideen and the Taliban

Comment

If I recall correctly there is scenario that deals remotly with Afghanistan. It's from Stefan Haertel and the scenario I believe is called the "Mughal's Conquest".
      In it the Afghanian Mughals try to conquer India sometime in the 16th (?) century.

Besides that, I'd like to make a scenario about modern Afghanistan, if someone could supply me with a good and detailed map of the region....
      The Lost Geologist Blog
      http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

A scenario based on the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan is on my to do list. The problem is that now I am working on a China vs. Taiwan scenario and also have a middle east war, Vietnam, and Indo-Pakistani war on the list. The rate that I am going I won't have any of these done until 2005.
        "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
        "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Working...
        X