probally old news, but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probally old news, but

i've just found out that if you send a naval unit into an isthmuth with a city on it, all the land units on the vessel stay in the city and the ship can keep travelling through the isthmuth to the ocean to the other side.

like i say i know this is probally old news but could somebody tell me how to spell isshtmut, isthmuth, a strip of land that connects two others.

Close. Isthmus. But ithmuth would be right for someone with a lithp.

That aside, I don't know what sort of naval vessel you're using, because my units always disembark of their own accord in those sorts of cities. And it's a real pain in the arse.

------------------
    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
    Horse and Hydey Wrangler
    Mono Rules!
    [This message has been edited by finbar (edited May 20, 2001).]
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Whenever a ship goes into any city, all units become active. You must put them back to sleep/board next ship before moving the ship out of the city if you wish them to stay on board.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That's my experience too. That's why I'd like to know what vessel reds4ever is using.

------------------
        Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
        Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
        Horse and Hydey Wrangler
        Mono Rules!
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

If you move the ship in manualy or set the city as its destination the land units disimbark. It the ship on automatic path goes through the city, the units remain on board.
          Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
          Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
          "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
          From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

LOL, yeah I use goto commands on my ships all the time. hahahahahhahahaha

"Captain, we seem to be taking on water, I thought we were heading east but we seem to be heading west straight out to sea."

RAH
            Thanks, that made my day.

[This message has been edited by rah (edited May 21, 2001).]
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola on 05-21-2001 01:22 PM
              If you move the ship in manualy or set the city as its destination the land units disimbark. It the ship on automatic path goes through the city, the units remain on board.

I gave up automatic "go to" orders long ago, cuz any ship I sent to the other side of the isthmus would try to go around the continent. Do they actually go thru the city now?

------------------
              "There is no fortress impregnable to an ass laden with gold."
              -Philip of Macedon
              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
              intelligence to few.

Comment

the point i was making was that i didn't know that a ship could travel through an isthmus (cheers Finbar!) and emerge the other side, which looking back is common sense but.....

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
                  That's my experience too. That's why I'd like to know what vessel reds4ever is using.
                  I think he too said the units stay in the city, which is the case with any vessel...

Comment

Working...
                  X