• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: MGE vs TOT

which is the best?

results below
    [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited May 20, 2001).]

made one of the first votes, I go fo rMGE

TOT has fancier graphics, but I needed a long time to get used to it, whereas CIV2 (MGE) convinces by its simplicity.

but then, many will say TOT is better because of better graphics.

Comment

please dont vote if you only have one of them or dont know what tot or mge means!

Comment

I'd have to go with MGE.

Comment

MGE all the way!
          -GeoDan

Comment

Hmmmm... since this is the Civ general forum, I would hope that more people post that they like MGE
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I voted for MGE. ToT was a disapointment.

------------------
              All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
              i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Personally I like UCC/MGE, it more fun and everything fits.

But TOT just seems wronge some how, I've tried to play it a few times but I never could get into it. I even tried to write a scenario but abandoned it in the end, no support for scenarios at all.

------------------
                I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
                I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ming on 02-22-2001 10:49 PM
                  Hmmmm... since this is the Civ general forum, I would hope that more people post that they like MGE
                  for equality reasons i'll make a thread in the tot forum as well

Comment

MGE! I was thrilled with all its scenarios and tot was just too, different.

------------------
                    Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.
                    Sulla-The last dictator of Rome before Caesar. He changed Rome and Rome sure as hell changed him.

Comment

yeah, exactly! TOT is so different... once you got used to the old-fashioned CIV2, you just don't want to play another game... CTP sucks, TOT is nice but different... the looks OF TOT are nicer actually, but I just don't feel comfortable with it.

Comment

MarkG,

I have a slight problem here. I would like to change my vote. I originally voted for MGE over TOT because TOT lacked the bells and whistles of MGE.
                        Well, in Angelscreams thread (under CIVII Test of Time), Thoth informed me that Wonder Movies can be played in TOT if you use the MGE CD while playing TOT...and he's right! You can have the Wonder Movies in TOT!!! This changes everything. Because of this breakthough, I believe TOT is better than MGE - So I would like to change my vote from MGE to TOT (I can't do it myself, since I can only vote once and not change it ). Can you help me? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by wittlich (edited March 19, 2001).]

Comment

MGE is better, TOT graphics are nice but MGE has grown on me way too much.

Comment

i've ToT, MGE and Civ2+FW
                            1-Civ2+FW (city 3 pts)
                            2-MGE (multi+scenario)
                            3-ToT (more customize options.. 1 sound/unit)
                            If ToT=MGE+customize options, it would be the best (even with city 3 pts bug)

Comment

ToT.
                              "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
                              "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

Working...
                              X