My apology to Eyes of Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My apology to Eyes of Night

Recently there was a scandal going around that Eyes of Night cheated in game. The fact is, there is no conclusive proof of the fact. My move was a brash response to an insult, and a grave mistake. I doctored a file to make it look like he had done the evil deed. The fact is, I myself did this deed. Tact had no part in fixing the file. He did not cheat to my knowledge, and I have no proof he did, or was going to. So Eyes, I apoligize for my bad move. Go ahead and send this to everyone you see. Better to be honest about it than be mistrusted forever.

------------------
    It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.

Touch of class!

------------------
    Ming
    ACS Civ II & OT Forum Moderator
    Ming@Apolyton.net
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You're forgiven.

Comment

It's always good to do the right thing, and keep in mind, it's just a game. What does cheating get you? A win? Not really. Better to have a good time and get yours brains beaten in, than brand yourself with a scarlet letter this way. At least you have the good sense to stand up and take responsibility for your actions, a comendable action. As Ming said, a touch of class. Keep it that way.

------------------
        All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Well said The Shrew - it took a lot of heart to do this.

------------------
          Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
          "The Great Library has been built!"
          "A short cut has to be challenging,
          were it not so it would be 'the way'."
          - Paul Craven
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

So... he's still a pile of crap cheater. what has changed???

I guess I have no class.
            [This message has been edited by My Wife Hates CIV (edited May 17, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cpoulos on 05-16-2001 11:26 PM
              What does cheating get you? A win? Not really. Better to have a good time and get yours brains beaten in, than brand yourself with a scarlet letter this way.

Uh, Zorba...probably not a good idea to use literary references around here...now you're going to have to explaing who Hester Prinn is.
              Life and death is a grave matter;
              all things pass quickly away.
              Each of you must be completely alert;
              never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SuperSneak on 05-17-2001 11:17 AM
                Uh, Zorba...probably not a good idea to use literary references around here...now you're going to have to explaing who Hester Prinn is.

Do students today still have to read that boring book
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ming on 05-17-2001 02:06 PM

Oh book like with paper and stuff
                  so hester prinn is not a screen name, Right

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SuperSneak on 05-17-2001 11:17 AM

You knew what it meant, Brainiac. But then, not everybody went to private school, did they?

------------------
                    All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
                    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ming on 05-17-2001 02:06 PM

No, they get to watch a nude Demi Moore in the part.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

EyesOfNight, the most obnoxious ***** under the CIV sun, does not deserve apologies...

your apologizing move is appreciated, though... it just makes him feel even stronger... *sigh*

Comment

Why is everyone saying The Shrew is so great because he fessed up? He is still scum for trying to frame someone in the first place. I dont care if he fessed up, I sure as hell wouldnt play him, afterall, who might he try to frame next? And would he fess up if it didnt look like he was going to get caught anyways?

Jeez, whats the world coming too

Comment

I agree with GNG, this low life set up a fellow civ player ( yes he admitted cheating before) I cant beleive he had to stoop so low to actually doctor the files, if you think someone is cheting , fine then save the game turns ,but to actually alter files to try and prove a point is lower than a cheater, a cheater at least only brings shame upon himself, this lowlife scum has attempted to darken some one elses name...

Fortunalty he is not in my circle of friends so i dont have to worry about ever playing him !!!
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Agreed. I'm please that he confessed, but it was still dispicable. And I wonder if his attempt wasn't so blatantly obvious, would he have still confessed.

RAH

Thank God I play with a high integrity group.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X