Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by kcbob on 01-18-2001 08:39 AM
    So that's the secret! I've been polishing my swords and sharpening my armour!

Next we'll show you how to handle the sword, not by the edge .. Mais une chose à la fois seulement.

------------------
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

Comment

Progress report: the turns are taking absolutely forever, but I'm still playing. The Celts went on a diplomatic offensive and bribed two of my cities, but I've bribed them back. The bad guys have discovered and shared Leadership and Steam Engine, so I'll have to win with numbers instead of technology.

Celts - I'm building up forces for an assault on their capital. After the bribery fiasco, the forces are massing in a fortress instead of a city.
      Zulus - down to one city, lots of spies looking for it.
      Germans - coastal harrassment may lead to the capture of a few of their cities.
      Greeks - many armies and ships on the way for a major assault. They seem to be the largest of the opposing civs.
      Sioux - capital has fallen, just a few scattered cities to finish off.
      [This message has been edited by DaveV (edited January 22, 2001).]

Comment

DaveV, thanks for the update. Even though the turns do take a long time, a simple touching base is extremely appreciated.

And Andemagne, you're not going to believe how much the world has changed since last you beheld it.

------------------
        Frodo lives!
        Frodo lives!

Comment

* bump *

------------------
          Frodo lives!
          Frodo lives!

Comment

I still have the game, and have played five of my allotted ten turns. I'll make an effort to finish up this weekend, but no promises...

Comment

Phew! I finished my turn and sent the game on to Andemagne; copies were sent to everyone else.

Dave succeeded to the rule of the Giga Fanatics at the height of the Great Crusade, with no lesser goal than that of exterminating the infidels. Previous rulers had assembled a powerful army and navy, as well as a well-stocked treasury. Dave concentrated on building infrastructure so he could bring his resources to bear on the unbelievers. But he also pursued the war on several fronts. Soon the Sioux and Carthaginian capitals had fallen, and the Zulus had been obliterated. The bulk of the Giga forces were moved toward the Greeks, whom Dave judged to be the greatest threat to the Giga hegemony. The Giga forces were successful everywhere, converting many heathens to the Faith via use of the diplomatic corps. Where diplomacy failed, a military solution was ready.

Giga power was at its height when the disaster occurred - Dave received the fateful message "Too many cities". He spent many nights pondering this message: had his years of service to the Faith been in vain? All through his life, he had faithfully followed the precepts of ICS. He had always believed that his civilization could never have enough cities, and now he was being told that he had built too many? It is said that Dave's leadership lost its direction at that point. The armies fought on, the spies plied their trade, and the map was explored further, but the spirit of the civilization was somehow missing.

One day, Dave simply disappeared. A great search failed to locate him, so the Giga civilization was forced to turn to another...

Comment

ok, I have the game file.

What the Hell Happened???
                (you may quote me on that )

I'll report in a week how I am doing.

"Yup. the giga fanatics finaly found someone worthy,
                not as legendery but still a fanatic and fierce
                warrior, Andemagnus"

------------------
                "Victrix Fortunae Virtus"
                My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

*bump*

He must have meant "two" weeks.

------------------
                  Frodo lives!
                  Frodo lives!

Comment

LOL maybe even three...

Comment

....a bit like the Eurovision Song Contest ....
                      "Come in Finland, we can't hear you".......

SG(2)
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

File sent to Paul (I think - the forwarding message looked a little strange).

Comment

File received. I'll try to play it during the weekend.

Comment

Seems that Andemagne has gone AWOL.

Could Dave please send his save to Paul.

Revised order now reads:

Dave
                            Paul
                            kcbob
                            Gits
                            Julius

----------

SG(2)
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Paul on 02-16-2001 04:15 PM
                              File received. I'll try to play it during the weekend.

Good luck Paul. Your 10 turns will look like a 100 hundred complete OCC games !

------------------

Comment

Now I remember why I prefer to play OCC.

I have completed two turns in which I captured a bunch of Greek cities and bribed one German city. We also discovered the secret of conscription and are now researching tactics.

Comment

Working...
                                X