What do those shield markings mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do those shield markings mean?

I have noticed something in some of my games. the current orders are reflected on the shield of the unit. if it's fortified, an "F" appears on the shield. engineers transforming terrain have an "O", building roads have "R", units under a goto command have a "G", and so on.

What is bothering me, is I sometimes see units from other civs with a "1", or "9" on their shields. What in the heck does that mean?
    and what does the "X" on some of the barb shields mean?
    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

I fear, sir, that numbers on the shields signify that the Cheat Menu is activated!!

------------------
    Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
    "The Great Library has been built!"
    "A short cut has to be challenging,
    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
    - Paul Craven
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 05-18-2001 02:19 PM
      I fear, sir, that numbers on the shields signify that the Cheat Menu is activated!!

Are you Sure, I seem to remember seeing markings of the bad guys sheilds even when I did not cheat. I will have to take a more careful look tonight, oh boy another reasoon to play. hey thanks

Comment

SG1 - LOL!

FB - I believe the numbers on the shields indicate the order in which the AI moves the units.

Anyone know for sure?

Crow
        AH has shrink shop open, and if you want advice from an Aussie who thinks he's a horse that likes having a gay Greek general riding his backside then that's still available. - Lancer

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 05-18-2001 02:19 PM

hmmmnn... that may be right. I never saw the numbers until I activated the cheat menu. But I'm sure I've seen the "X" before.
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

SG1 is correct, the cheat menu has been activated. This may have been during another game during the same startup of civ. I once ruined a high score this way - cheated in another game, loaded my good game, and cheat appeared in the score (I'd saved...).

I suspect the numbers are equivalent to orders, as many units have a 1 (move/goto?), some have a 0 (done with previous order), etc. I've not payed close attention to this, tho.

------------------
            "There is no fortress impregnable to an ass laden with gold."
            -Philip of Macedon
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

Working...
            X