Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ICS succession game, The, Volume II

Well, he attacked in the end.

I'll post an order list some time if I get sober again. If anyone is bored and wants to do it for me I'd be most grateful as I'm away for a couple of days. Yak yak yak.
    www.neo-geo.com

I guess I am bored...

Johnmcd 10 turns
    ScouseGits 10 turns
    Hueij 10 turns
    Skrobism 10 turns
    Marko-Polo 10 turns

------------------
    "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

1880-1890ad The reign of Skrobism was a difficult one. Soon after taking power several cities revolted and overthrew the government. We are in a state of anarchy. The government has spent its cash reserves on rushed temples and colosseums. Workers in many cities have been turned to entertainers, and food reserves are running low in some towns. To fight the anarchy, police stations have been built as well. For the most part these measures have worked but the government has not taken hold.

We continue to be at war with the Chinese and the Souix. After a brief conflict with the Spanish, we have made Peace. It is an Uncooperative Peace but we are learning to live together. The Germans and the Carths keep a reluctant Peace with us. The Babylonians remain our Allies and have pledged support against the Chi-Comm.

I have passed the save to Marko Polo and Johnmcd.

------------------
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

I've received the game. I think that we are now in the point where we must decide whether to go for conquest or AC. I really wouldn't like to make this decision all by myself - after all, we are a democracy, right? (currently in anarchy but still..)

So I suggest a poll. Hueij talked about something of fundy and building armors to prepare for invasion to Sioux & Spanish empires so I guess he stands for 'conquest'. On the other hand, this is 'No ICS no overlap game, so.. Especially I need to hear John's intensions for the game - after all, he is the 'father' of this hgame! It hard to conquer all without getting overlapping cities..

Comment

quote:

Hueij talked about something of fundy and building armors to prepare for invasion to Sioux & Spanish empires so I guess he stands for 'conquest'.

I'm really an AC person... My approach would be to conquer the Sioux and the Spanish since they pose the greatest threath and then carry on with our normal business
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Marko Polo on 03-31-2001 07:22 AM
            I've received the game. I think that we are now in the point where we must decide whether to go for conquest or AC. I really wouldn't like to make this decision all by myself - after all, we are a democracy, right? (currently in anarchy but still..)

So I suggest a poll. Hueij talked about something of fundy and building armors to prepare for invasion to Sioux & Spanish empires so I guess he stands for 'conquest'. On the other hand, this is 'No ICS no overlap game, so.. Especially I need to hear John's intensions for the game - after all, he is the 'father' of this hgame! It hard to conquer all without getting overlapping cities..

Yes, I agree a poll sounds a good idea, but could you send us all the latest save file so we can make judgements on the current state of play?

If we are conquering there would be minimal overlap as the AI builds cities well spaced ... uhmm .. .except for the occasional strategic city we may need. It wouldn't be anything like ICS.

------------

SG(2)

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

1891-1894: Point Marko & West Point founded. Sioux Bear Paw bribed. (Detailed log was destroyed by my computer crash )

1895: Carths land in front of Sideshow Bob (5 units). We happily kill them all
              1896: Babylonians develop Guerilla warfare. Chinese, Sioux Nuclear fission.
              1897: Spanish acquire Nuclear fission
              1898: German -"-, Spanish Espionage
              1899: Spanish acquire Guerilla, Sioux machine tools. Cedar creeks is bribed for 1369g, 341 plundered. Got Machine tools.
              1900: Now researching for Minituarision. We steal Guerilla from Spanish, Nuclear fission from German. Advanced tribe 'Fisu' discovered.

Conclusion: we have now five more cities (all non-overlapping ). Some transports are out exploring with engineers & spies. We still have half of the map black and it's 1900ad.. We have Cedar Creeks as foothold in Sioux & Spain main land. Those Sioux cities are quite weakly defended so taking them should be no problem. Hint for WLTPD growth: Slim Buttes (right next to Cedar creeks) has CfC! Like a ripe fruit ready for picking.. Then we wouldn't need courthouses nor very unhappy people in order to WLTPD.

I tried to play my turns so that the AC/Conquest option would be left open. We are a rich fundy, getting net 600g per turn. We absolutely had to start building basic infrastructure in our cities. e.g. we had a lot of 8-sized cities without MP's or aqueducts, some very close to growing size 9.

Personally I would vote for AC. In thread "Lightning strikes twice" (sorry, too lazy to find the link) someone said that all but one games ended via conquest. So I'd agree with Hueij's idea of conquesting Sioux & Spain and then heading for the stars!

I have sent the 1900ad save game to all of us as SG(2) suggested.
              [This message has been edited by Marko Polo (edited April 02, 2001).]

Comment

My vote is wait a little. Perhaps carry on conquering for 10 turns and then consider AC. The next Sioux city is Wounded Knee with CfC, which will help in demo. A useful Oedo year to consider is 1911. What do other players think? John you are in the HOT SEAT!

(Thanks for your e-mail Marko.)

--------

SG(2)

Comment

I have to take a look at this before I vote, but isn't our military a little too weak right now for conquest.

------------------

Comment

*bump*

SG(2), did you ever received the save game I sent to you?

Someone asked in AKC thread that he likes to participate in a NON-ICS succession game. Here is one that isn't finished yet..

Comment

Just wondering, is this game still alive? And if not, how come?
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

Hueij,
                        I was wondering the same.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by skrobism on 03-31-2001 12:41 AM
                          I guess I am bored...

Johnmcd 10 turns
                          ScouseGits 10 turns
                          Hueij 10 turns
                          Skrobism 10 turns
                          Marko-Polo 10 turns

We think its JohnMcD up - but we haven't seen him on the thread recently ... JohnMcD where are you? We have (really are about to) sent him an e-mail and a PM ...

Comment

Who has the latest save game? I seem to have lost mine but I remember sending the save to all of you. So, does anyone have it?

Comment

No.

Comment

Working...
                              X