Making scenarios work on a Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making scenarios work on a Mac

I recently downloaded 2 scenarios that used .bmp files for graphical elements like units, etc. But I use a Mac and these files have to be .picts, so I ran them through GraphicConverter. Trouble is, when I do this either the program crashes or the units in the newly retyped files show up blank in both the game and the scenario editor. Is there any way to adapt these files for use on a Mac?

Thanks,

R. Meigs
    RMeigs

For some reason you need to make them into .gifs first then .picts
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Ah, yes
      A little search of the civ 2 mac forum would have enlightened you I think...
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I looked at the Civ 2 Mac forum and found nothing that seemed to answer my question. Using the two step conversion (.BMP to .GIF to .PICT) stops the crashes, but alters the color maps and destroys transparancy. Are some scenarios simply untransferrable to the Mac?
        RMeigs

Comment

No, all scenarios are playable!
          Get graphic converter open the bmp save it as a gif, then close the file and open the gif, save it as a pict, close the program (whitout changing anything) and it will work.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Henrik on 05-15-2001 09:31 AM
            No, all scenarios are playable!
            Get graphic converter open the bmp save it as a gif, then close the file and open the gif, save it as a pict, close the program (whitout changing anything) and it will work.

I tried this on the scenario "Death and Rebirth of an Empire" and all items turn up black, without transparency. The only way I can think of to make it work is to open with the default .pict files and import the new units, cities, etc. one by one through the scenario editor. Then I have to fill in the area around each figure with the color that indicates transparency. Tedious and laborious, but it works.
            RMeigs

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RMeigs on 05-15-2001 07:48 PM
              I tried this on the scenario "Death and Rebirth of an Empire" and all items turn up black, without transparency. The only way I can think of to make it work is to open with the default .pict files and import the new units, cities, etc. one by one through the scenario editor. Then I have to fill in the area around each figure with the color that indicates transparency. Tedious and laborious, but it works.

Try sending the files to me, I can fix it for you

Comment

Working...
              X