Playing Civ2 on a laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new laptop is arriving in the morning. I have two concerns:

1. I am getting a Dell I8000 with the new GeForce2Go graphics. BUT the native resolution is 1400X1050. I hope - hope - hope that Civ2 will be all right. I hope Civ2's lower resolution won't blur. (Anyone know?)

2. I am unfamiliar with a laptop keyboard. But it seems from some of your posts that the number pad is not there, and while the arrow keys are fine, they don't cover all the movements like the numpad did. What is your suggestion about using the "other keys" or continuing with the arrow keys and whatever that "Home - Scoll - Page up" or whatever is?

Thanks.
    sboog

Comment

1. Can't you just change the resolution before playing?

2. Use the arrow keys + "Pg Up" (corresponding to "9" on the numpad), "Pg Dn" (corresponding to "3"), "End" ("1") and "Home" ("7").

Carolus

Comment

My laptop arrived, and I am happy to say that Civ2 just runs like a dream on it. Graphics are fine!

And as far as the numpad thing, I can deal with that. Somehow it does not bother me. (But the thoughts that the graphics would show a tiny area of the game or blur it if I lowered the resolution - all that worry was for naught! The game just looks great.)

The Civ2 CD was the second thing I put on the machine. (The first was Age of Empires... ) Now I have my two favorites and they will go with me wherever I go!

Thanks for your help and encouragement.

sboog

Comment

dell inspirons can handle pretty much anything..

Comment

Working...
          X