No announcement yet.

anybody still plays civ1???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always had problems with Civ1. For some reason units in my cities would dissappear for no reason(yes they had shield support). Other times my cities just would stop working until I put a unit inside them... and when I did that it would say I conquered so and so city and yet it had always been under my color/control. Probably a patch out there I never got that fixed it.

Comment

Once while playing Civ1 I captured a Greek city that still had Greek units inside. They moved out and attacked my units.

Comment

I play Civ1 occasionaly (every couple of months) and I still like playing it. The game is boring in the beggining when you are still a young civilization with few cities and at the end of the game (democracy, building space ships, growing in size and trying to score as many points as you can). But you can quickly get addicted to the game if you are a king or even an emperor. Even though it is very old it is still brilliant.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Father Beast on 04-24-2001 12:04 AM
          head over to bhlegend.com and get a version of civ for windows

that's what I play most of the time

I tried that (twice). The archive fails a CRC check when it's decompressed. Any idea where else I can get a copy of Civ for Windows?

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
          X