anybody still plays civ1???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody still plays civ1???

I´ve just found civ1 in the net and I´ve played a few turns just to remember the good old times

so anybody still plays civ1, I´m just curious to know about it
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Not in a long time. Good memories though.

------------------
    All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I was playing it not to long ago. Its harder to stay interested after years of Civ2.

Comment

Where did you find it?

Comment

I still play Civ 1, I have it on CD with Railroad Tycoon. They are both excellent little games!

Comment

There is a civ1 section over at civfanatics headed fy TTG
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

check in the civfanatics forum

I think that somebody could send it to you

I agree, and it loses a lot because it doesn´t have the cheat mode
              Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
              Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
              miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

There is a cheat mode but it is not menu activated. I forget how to use it though.

Comment

when i had civ i it was something like shift 1234567890 and than T. I think.

Comment

I still love civ1. play it now and then, when I can take myself away from "Forever War - The sequel"

I think they list the cheats in the civ1 section on this site, don't they? they did when I was last there. I got some good civ1 strategies there, too.
                    Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                    ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Yup, it's all still there. go to the civ1 section, and select FAQ's couple of cheat places.

Love this game, gonna go back and do a civ1 OCC again....

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

I dont want to try installing with my old dos disks

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by RyanR on 04-23-2001 08:57 PM
                          I dont want to try installing with my old dos disks

head over to bhlegend.com and get a version of civ for windows

that's what I play most of the time

Comment

Yes, I still play CIV1... last night, I played as Numenor on a random map, on Prince level.. although some barbs had destroyed my 2nd and my 3rd city, I managed to arise from the ashes and build up a huge empire, ending up with a nice spaceship, about 80 armors in 8 cities and only one civ left... the russians on another isle... was a nice game

Comment

I've been doing a little OCCing with civ1. it's a tad more difficult because finding a 3 special spot is dang near impossible, and so few of the specials are for trade. can't seem to get my beakers above 320.

yes, still lots of fun for a quick game

Comment

Working...
                              X