Governments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governments

Does anyone acually play anyother goverenments in the final stages of the game expect for Democracy and Fund.?

I don't. I know some like Communism. I'm not sure what's to be gained from anything other than the three.

------------------
    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
    Horse and Hydey Wrangler
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Yup. Just democracy and a high tech army inside the cities.

Comment

Normally, just democracy, headed for AC; I dislike Fundy (too powerful, makes the game boring). But right now I'm trying my first upper-level (emperor) world conquest game, using communism. Seems to be working well, and is way more challenging that Fundy.

------------------
        Dig trenches, with our men being killed off like flies? There isn't time to dig trenches. We'll have to buy them ready made. Here, run out and get some trenches.
        -- Rufus T. Firefly, the original rush-builder
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Demo is good for fast growth and tons of trade.

Comm is good for moderate growth, allows for a standing (exploring) army and still allows moderate trade as well.

Fundi is good when you are just out to kick the other guy's tail end off the face of the earth, as well as allows for a huge monitary income.

The others are generally early forms of these govs (sort of)

Republic is an early democracy.

Monarchy is the civ 2 predicessor to communism. If you don't believe me, try compairing them and other govs and you will find that they have more in common thanany other gov (except despotism)

Despotism is just an early form of monarchy.
          I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

I love Commie for periods of time...
            I go into it at the very least to create a bunch of vet spies...

But in the mid game, it's a great place to be if I'm in a serious war, and my infrastructure isn't set up for fighting one in a Democracy, or I'm not ready to use WLYD's for massive pop growth... It's a far cry improvement over Monarchy, and still allows decent science and trade. Heck, if you are willing to put a little against luxeries, you can be celebrating WLYD's and get representative governent trade levels...

I don't use Fundy much unless I want to generate some money quick... or I have a global trade strategy in place to make up for the sience loss.
            I'm not a big fan of Fundy, but it does have it's uses.

I hope CivIII has far more government options that have real differences
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

BTW, what exactly does WLT_D do under commi?
              I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

WLTxD
                • under Despotism gives Monarchy Food
                • under Monarchy, Fundy & Commie gives Rep Trade
                • under Republic & Demo gives city growth if food surplus and no limiting factor present (like absence of aqueduct)

Hope this helps

------------------
                Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                "The Great Library must be built!"
                "A short cut has to be challenging,
                were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                - Paul Craven
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

despot give all resources as in Monarchy.I believe this includes irrigation.

Another thing I have seen about "we love" in despo is units require no support like this from my 2nd run thru fortnight 24.
                  The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Smash - yes and yes, but ...
                    Despotism limits all resources to a max of 2 per square - so irrigation of grassland appears ineffective - but not once you celebrate
                    Your example - in Despotism there is no support for the same number of units as size of city - your illustration has four unsupported units belonging to a size 4 city ...

------------------
                    Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                    "The Great Library has been built!"
                    "A short cut has to be challenging,
                    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                    - Paul Craven
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Communism! The balance of a large army with little support is a boon - and the quibble about "moderate" trade/science is weak. Bump up luxury, WLTCD gives you representative goverment trade levels; Build a zillion caravans, et voila! You can hardly count the money, it rolls in so fast. Discoveries come every 3 turns or so when this economy gets pumping. And the neighbors won't tangle with you without serious territory loss as their reward...

------------------
                      "There is no fortress impregnable to an ass laden with gold."
                      -Philip of Macedon
                      The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                      intelligence to few.

Comment

I did not know that about despo.Don't like to spend too much time there....
                        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
                        X