Future techs and spaceships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future techs and spaceships

I've now started to play for points. I've never done this before. How many furture techs have you earned/discovered? My last game was around 20 something, +145 to my score. Of course building a 40k spaceship adds 400 points. I always thought the spaceship score was effected by the year you land (the earlier the higher the score). So, this game I went for future techs. I maintained my science every 2 turns (best I could do), holding off on launch until the last moment. I did launch a little early because a few AI CIVs had small ships almost ready to go (less than 11.7 years it takes a full size ship to make it). Just before the spaceship landed I was still at every 2 turns but going into the hole 400 gold every turn do to it.

A base ship. 39 structural are all you can build. whats that window like looking thing near the back?
    http://www.i2k.com/~density/shipbase.jpg

This is the power graph. Look at all the AI just after I launch. They each started a mad building effort to launch something, anything in time.
    http://www.i2k.com/~density/powerg.jpg

FT will "roll over" at tech#255.

I don't know what that thing is.I assume its some piece of framework for engines.

next time try to build your ship in 1 turn.Finish it on the turn you get Fusion.Wonders are considered SS parts.

Were you "interfering" in the internal matters of the ai civs?Their pgs are sure bouncing around near the end.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

that's why i posted the PG. they each starting building spaceship parts like mad. why their power on the PG dropped... i dunno. But's it right during the time of spaceship building

perhaps the AI was disbanding units.
      [This message has been edited by My Wife Hates CIV (edited April 15, 2001).]

Comment

No, keep the game normal, futuristic is what made AC so bad. You couldn't relate to it.

Comment

I like AC.

Hmm, powergraph--haven't seen one of those with other civilization colors near my own after the first 50 turns of the game....

------------------
          Check out Arcade Portal and
          Civworld forums
          Go post now!
          Message from an Archangel: Do not try seek perfection for perfection is the most imperfect thing that ever existed.

Comment

It looks like you were hitting them with small strikes here and there.
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Archangel MasterBob on 04-15-2001 10:38 PM
              I like AC.

Hmm, powergraph--haven't seen one of those with other civilization colors near my own after the first 50 turns of the game....

so... what are you saying?

Comment

MWHC, even when playing for points, you can still destroy most of the other civs. You only need to leave one civ alive, and it needs only one city. Take out those other punks early, as in a normal game, then build your own cities and farm like mad for more citizens. I think the population limit is 320,000,000 so when you get to it, don't worry about that any further. You can only have 255 cities and 255 Future techs. If the AI civs are crushed, they can't launch Space ships, so that solves that problem. Two turns before your spaceship is due to land, be in Democracy, with 8 or 9 luxury rate, for maximum city happiness as happy citizens are worth more points. I do this strategy at times, but be forwarned: It is extremly tedius the last hundred turns or so.

------------------
                All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Working...
                X