No announcement yet.

Who Is The Nastiest Neighbour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, nastiest neighbours? Toss up between war4ever and makeo.

------------------
    Chaos, panic and disorder - My work here is done.

Comment

How about a good neighbour? When I play English, I always include the Americans, tho very competitive in space-race and top civ-wise, they're not too sneaky warmongers, and they're a joy to trade with, paying top dollar!
      [This message has been edited by George Garrett (edited March 27, 2001).]

Comment

Zulus, English, and Mongols are the worst for just coming along and starting off aggressive. The Spanish, French, and Persians are the great back-stabbers (mostly pesky, since you see it coming). And never let anyone build Manhattan Proj if Gandhi's in the game, since he will use them!

Comment

Lately ive played a lot on large and medium real world maps and i find russians most difficult opponents. the nasty sneak attackers can actually be easier, since they will start wars that i can easily win with defensive units behind city walls, then buy one of their cities, all without taking a repuation hit. The expansionist civs however will build lots of cities and beat me at my own strategy of early game expansion. On real word map Russians are worst with their good start position, others can be hemmed in.

Lord of the Mark
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I am sorry, but like, H-E-L-L-O people, the greek!

They are really annoying expansionists. It's hell trading maps with them as they always have a huge uncovered territory which is full of wandering units.

They expand at a very quick rate. THe Egyptians do it as well, but the egyptians are much nicer.

Just came up to mind, the Greek are extortionist. I don't remember what I wanted from them, I think to declare war on someone, any way, I asked, they said ok, but pay us up. I grunted and payed up. And then they also ask for a tech. Ok, I had enough buffer zone so I gave it. Plus I wanted my two biggest enemies to tear each other apart. And then they say: That's really nice but we want another tech! I was so furious. I refused and they thanked me for the presents and went home.

I can only remember what I planned to do to them as the thing it self was so inhumain that my sub concious erased it.

Comment

The Mongols.

With their stupid war games they can slow me down for dozens of turns...
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse on 03-25-2001 06:50 PM
                Hmmm, nastiest neighbours? Toss up between war4ever and makeo.

hm..... yup although its been many moons since i have tangled with Makeo

Horse... you seem to be kicking ass these days.... i reckon were ready for another round of drinks at the local tavern of your choice

in SP Ghandi late is a pain..... so are the French. Mongols Zulus Vikings are pains in the early going as they will always fight.... however i find it is the Romans and Aztecs whom are the best ai civs in terms of expansion and perfection...... if you leave these guyz for long enough they will cause a headache or two.

However.... all of this is really moot as most of my games don't survive modern warfare
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

mongols

but the sioux are annoying- they steal a lot of tech

same with the indians

why are the purple civs a pain in the ass?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dissident on 04-06-2001 04:27 AM
                    why are the purple civs a pain in the ass?

Because when your ass is purple it usually hurts...

Comment

Mongols and Zulus are both pretty agressive, but the Zulus listen to reason sometimes. Mongols attack against overwhelming odds because I won't pay them my entire treasury in tribute. like, what's up their butt?
                      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
                      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sirotnikov on 04-03-2001 03:01 PM
                        I am sorry, but like, H-E-L-L-O people, the greek!

I'm with you Sirotnikov. I hate the Greeks, and could not believe that nobody had identified them until your post.

They were the first Civ to ever Nuke me, and I remember it!! They always seem very aggressive on first contact, expand relentlesly into "your" space and sneak attack for no reason - boats and caravans particularly.

I rarely have a problem with the Russians, as I often play as them because they have loads of great city names. Mongols never seem to develop any science. The Japanese often give me problems.

Comment

Working...
                        X