Who Is The Nastiest Neighbour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is The Nastiest Neighbour?

Who is your least favourite civ to end up next to? Is it always the game's most agressive ones (Mongols, Vikings, etc) or do you sometimes get suprised by civs you expect to be nicer than they are?

The worst I've found are the pesky French for some reason. The Indians are never as friendly as they should be either - the real Gandhi would never have ordered the kind of atrocities I've seen him do in games.
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Oh, and the English are weak-assed little nancy boys, so maybe the most realistic civ of them all!!

Comment

I find the purple, dark blue and orange Civs to be the worst to deal with.

P.S. orange1, whereabouts in Scotland are you from?

[This message has been edited by Tizzy (edited March 22, 2001).]

Comment

Hm..Let's see: The Mongols, The Zulus, The Russians, and The French seem to be the biggest treaty breakers and sneak attackers against me.

------------------
        All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

When I played SP, the civ I always hated the most were the f'in french. They were always very competitive in the tech race and annoying to dispatch. Their emmisary is also such a homo that I couldn't wait to put his head in the guillotine. The sioux were always a pain in the ass too.
          I see the world through bloodshot eyes
          Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

the only good neighbor is the destroyed neighbor...imho!

Comment

Here I have a draw: the English, the Russians and the Zulus.
              GRRR!! I hate when the English call me just to say that they have
              discovered X... From that moment, I start to plan their inconditional annihilation.
              Cannot manage to be at peace with the Russians. Just bloody war.
              The Zulus? When I see them, everything turns red and I don´t rest until I wipe them out.

:::::::::::::
              Craftsman
              :::::::::::::

Comment

I don't worry 'bout individual nasty Civs, but rather with groups of nasties. For instance a line up with Russians(me), Zulus, Vikings, Spanish, Mongols and others is far more scarry than if they were Japanese, Germans, Aztecs, and Indians. I get more worried when they can all gang up on you. One or two are easy to handle, but 3 or 4 gets me concerned.

Comment

Definetely the Mongols,Zulus, and Persians. They are always the most annoying late in the game especially if they are in fundamentalism. The Americans on the other hand are pathetic and never put up much of a threat.

Comment

My theory is: It depends whom one plays as...English have trouble with French, Spanish; Americans with Sioux, Japanese; Romans with Greeks, Persians etc.
                    I try to stay out of trouble by playing as Prince Incognito, leader of the
                    Unknown tribe (Anonymouis wise men)

Comment

Well ... I guess my list goes something like ...[list=1][*]The people at No 1 & No 5[*]The Welsh[*]The Scots[*]The French[*]and everyone else who knows me ... [/list=a]
                      Oh! ... you meant in the game ... it would have to be the Babs - they are such good trading partners in the middle game that I am almost persuaded to let them live if they prove to be my immediate neighbours - only almost however.

------------------
                      Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
                      "The Great Library must be built!"
                      "A short cut has to be challenging,
                      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
                      - Paul Craven
                      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Tizzy on 03-22-2001 11:37 AM

P.S. orange1, whereabouts in Scotland are you from?

[This message has been edited by Tizzy (edited March 22, 2001).]

Hi Tizzy. Perth originally, but lived in Glasgow for years too. You?

[This message has been edited by the_orange1 (edited March 23, 2001).]

Comment

South West - Ayr then Kilmarnock, but moved to London 4 years ago

Comment

I too live in London now - don't laugh SG, I call it revolution from within - and have done for about 1 1/2 years. Do you like it?
                            [This message has been edited by the_orange1 (edited March 23, 2001).]

Comment

Expansionist/aggressive civs are the 'hardest' which is Russians/French.

Militarist/Aggressive civs like Zulus can sometimes be screwed by the map, for example if you have two civs seperated by a small strip of water, and the others know your cities are there but have have no boats, the militarists will often just be caught in a loop constantly building obsolete units and 'patrolling' the coast...happens especially on earth map when a civ restarts in Britain and can 'see' your cities in France...endless elephants patrolling around...

Most annoying: Late game nuke by Ghandi when you have space flight.
                              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
                              X