X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tribe is your favourite?

Do you always play the same one?
    Are there tribes you never play?

I tend to choose different ones depending on my mood, but usually pick an aggressive tribe (more likely to get peaceful rival civs ). The Scots aren't in it (for some odd reason), so can't pick them (this was the only good thing about CtP incidentally), but often choose the Celts as the next best thing.

For rather obvious reasons (such as that they're a bunch of imperialist pig-dogs that still keep us under the thumb of oppression - no offence SG), I never pick the English and always go to war with them given the opportunity. Aahhhh, that squirmy feeling when you see that orange flag lowered over London after a vicious Celtic assault - the stuff that dreams are made of.
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

quote:

Originally posted by the_orange1 on 03-22-2001 05:51 AM
    For rather obvious reasons (such as that they're a bunch of imperialist pig-dogs that still keep us under the thumb of oppression - no offence SG), I never pick the English and always go to war with them given the opportunity. Aahhhh, that squirmy feeling when you see that orange flag lowered over London after a vicious Celtic assault - the stuff that dreams are made of.

ROTFLMAO!

Don't know why you're complaining? You have a Scottish Parliament which spends English money! However, it's an argument I avoid as I am part Scottish myself - but don't tell johnmcd! You're not his DL by any chance?

-----------

PS - See your rugby team managed a win on Saturday!

SG(2)

"Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 03-22-2001 07:17 AM
      quote:

Originally posted by the_orange1 on 03-22-2001 05:51 AM

ROTFLMAO!

Don't know why you're complaining? You have a Scottish Parliament which spends English money! However, it's an argument I avoid as I am part Scottish myself - but don't tell johnmcd! You're not his DL by any chance?

-----------
      SG(2)

As an Ur-Imperialist-Pig-Dog I strongly resemble these remarks!!

I play Carthaginian and love Celt bashing!

------------------
      Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 03-22-2001 07:17 AM

PS - See your rugby team managed a win on Saturday!

I only follow real sports though - never mind all this egg-chasing nonsense

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 03-22-2001 08:21 AM

I play Carthaginian and love Celt bashing!

Do you always play Carthaginians? And why?

Comment

Not quite always - say 5 out of 6 or so - why - I feel that the Carts are one of those civilisations that history has treated unkindly - and I am able to rectify this historical oversight ..... ELOL

------------------
            Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
            "The Great Library must be built!"
            "A short cut has to be challenging,
            were it not so it would be 'the way'."
            - Paul Craven
            [This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited March 22, 2001).]

Comment

I always play the Americans. Maybe it's because I am Or maybe it's because that was the first civilization I picked in the game and have stuck with it ...though, I have played the Native Americans a few times -probably because I am also part Wyandot

Comment

I USUALLY play the Romans or the Germans.
                CFC Official Reviewer

Comment

I usually play the Celts (being Scottish ) or Americans.
                  I sometimes pick a purple tribe, cos I hate playing against them!

Comment

I usually try to mix which civs I play but more often then not I play either the Egyptians or the Aztecs. I kinda like their city names . I very rarely if ever play the Sioux for the reason I dont like cities such as Big Mound, Kill Deer, etc.

Comment

I like to play as a different civ each time, to win as each culture. I don't much care for the purple civs, but only because i don't like the way the units and cities look purple. Not that fond of yellow either, for similar reasons. I like the Blue (both light and dark) civs best.

------------------
                      All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I usually make up my own civ, based on something that gave me a recent laugh:
                        Grendelyn of the Boze Kindjes (play on my daughter's name/Grendel, leader of the Angry Babies)
                        Inbred Jed of the Hillbillies
                        or whatever colors the day... Otherwise I choose whatever color seems appealing at that moment. This usually excludes dark blue only because they are hard to see on the world map. It's hard to pat oneself on the back while leaning forward and squinting.

I've made custom rules.txt, city.txt, etc files for the different continents (except Australia and Antarctica) to customize the feel of the game, too. A good map of Africa should have Carthaginians, Egyptians, Zulu, Mali, Ethiopians, Senegalese, Ashanti, and more, not Europeans and Asians!

------------------
                        "There is no fortress impregnable to an ass laden with gold."
                        -Philip of Macedon
                        The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                        intelligence to few.

Comment

I like the Japanese, Chinese, Mongols, Indians (from India indians), Carths, Babylonians, Zulu, Romans, and Persians. I like foreign culture, and I just don't like the looks of the European cities, and I don't like yellow.
                          I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

lately the americans, but I customize them to the dissidents. I used to play the chinese a lot because it seemed I had a higher chance of getting an extra tech with them.

Comment

Allways play as the English or customise to my surname.
                              Like to have the celts, French, Germans, Americans as opponents.
                              Now, I wonder why?

------------------
                              Yoga Flame
                              Yoga Flame

Comment

Working...
                              X