The Viking Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Viking Archives

Since it has been more than a year since the Viking Scribes has been added to lets start a collection here.

Here is my story:

My First Deity Game

I, Emperor Christantine the Great started out as the Chrisonians on the World map (Large). We were a peaceful people, founding the cities of Christantinople (Where Rome would be) and finding an advanced tribe we got Chris City (Near Paris). We found the Vikings at about 3000 BCE By that time we had the city of Christonia (Istanbul) and Christon (Alexandria). They were a foolhardy people and they instantly declared war. So what I thought, they attacked me with horsemen while I had Phalanxes in my cities. I continually called on their leader, Gunnhild, for a peace treaty but she didn't listen. Suddenly a catapult showed up right next to Christonia. It was with a horseman. I killed the horsemen by slip of the directional key and the catapult destroyed the single phalanx inside the city. I tried to take the defenses of Christantinople to the city before it fell but the distance was to great for the unit to get there in time. I lost the city but I quickly liberated it with a catapult that was in the works. I built my fourth city, Chris's Lake, right over the Black Sea, in the Crimea. That was a stupid mistake though because the Vikings instantly took it over. It took me a century to take it back. In that time I had sent a guy by the name of Marco Polo to find some of the world's inhabitants. I didn't randomize the starting locations and I found that the Sioux had become powerful in the Americas (on the fourth turn the Aztecs were killed off). The Egyptians were a bit more south than they should have been and I quickly made an alliance with them since Christon blocked all passage out of Africa. The Chinese were surprisingly pigheaded (No offense to people of Chinese decent) and declared war on me without ever knowing where I was. The English were a bit hermit-like for a while until they found out that they liked bullying the poor Egyptians. The English and the Vikings were at war constantly. The Japanese didn't want anything to do with anybody. I think that they were whipped good by the Chinese and ran away to a distant colony of theirs. I found a small Chinese city near the middle east with a diplomat and bribed it. I renamed it Chris Eastern. I sent a settler on the great task of joining Chris Eastern with Christonia.
    When I finally got back Chris's Lake I wanted blood. I marched a catapult right up to Jarrow (Viking because of one of their wars with the English) and destroyed the phalanx inside it. A horsemen then killed the catapult. That was when I decided to ignore the Vikings.
    The Egyptians were in trouble when the English first landed on their shores. Their first intentions were to colonize because two cities on the West African coast are Hastings and Canterbury. Then they met the inferior Egyptian Empire and decided to follow their normal pattern of grabbing anything in its path. They got Pi-Ramesses which was where Carthage would have been and continued attacks against the big cities like Alexandria, Thebes and Memphis. The Egyptians asked for help but I was suspicious that there was an English city that I didn't know about that was right inside my territory so I declined. They broke the alliance. I didn't care because I never involve myself in the world politics. The Egyptians apparently didn't need my help because they conquered two English colonies on the Nile and recovered Pi-Ramesses. They signed a treaty and the English went back to Europe to bang some Viking heads.
    Meanwhile I continued to research techs and longed for the day when the Vikings would let me alone. They made no real progress because when ever they walked up to one of my cities I would shoot them full of arrows.
    Then around 0 CE the Sioux arrived on Africa clearly to bonk heads. The Egyptians lost Pi-Ramesses to the Sioux and they also harassed the English colonies. I wanted to encompas the entire Mediterranean Sea so I sent an old catapult to get Pi-Ramesses. I let an Egyptian Crusader take out the lone Musketeer an I moved the catapult in. I renamed the city Chris-Egypt in tribute to the high respect I held for them. They always gave me a tech when I wanted one and they quelled their want for the beautiful and prosperous city of Christon. Many times they moved catapults up to the city and then they suddenly moved away.
    The Vikings were getting restless and I devised a plan. I made war with the English just so they would land a number of troops near my city that was at the greatest risk, Chris City. I let them kill their units on my great defenses. The Vikings who were heading for the same city found the English licking their chops. Well, I think you know what happened next. A Viking horsemen didn't want to wait in line so he attacked the elephant infront of him. Instant and free city defenses! I then made peace with the English so they would hang around and also get rid of the Vikings. This solved my problems for centuries! The Chinese keep attacking Chris Eastern hoping to get their lost city back but I don't think they will. The Sioux have started to hang around my little lake (Mediterranean Sea) and the Vikings are a big problem. So long for now!!!!!!

E-Mail me at Choco61017@aol.com

------------------
    "Freedom, Trade, Christantine!"

The Official Webpage of the Chrisonian Republic
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Christian...this isn't exactly the place to post it...hehe

I personally don't mind if you keep it here, I like to read these in fact, but you should post this in the Civ2 forums at least too.
    Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Please call me Chris or CtG for short (I am male).

I thought I should post it here so I could have people who play ToT or CtP to tell their tales, too. I didn't think I should make a seprate one in each forum and since this is named *Stories*&Diplomacy I thought this would be the appropriate place to put it.

------------------

The Viking Archives
      "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
      "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)

Comment

moving to civ2-general.....

Comment

MY FIRST DEITY GAME
          I had been playing on chieftain and warlord for some time, So I decided to try a
          game on deity, and see how bad it could be. This was my 4th time playing on this
          particular map I think is great, all peninsulas and narrow sea lanes.
          As Phaeton, leader of the Egyptians, we built our capital, Heliopolis, the City of
          the Sun, by the sea and near a meandering river. We grew and dealt with initial unrest
          problems. But time flew as we grew. Our first colony was established in 1500 BC, and
          then Heliopolis set to building the Colossus. We heard about great wonders being built
          across the world, but those seemed far away. After the Colossus, we built the Oracle, and
          the unrest problems in our cities died down. We discovered the secret of trade and built
          our first caravan, but too late to assist with building the Oracle.
          We had 5 cities in 1 AD when we discovered seafaring and sent an explorer out.
          He soon found an advanced tribe that joined our empire, and stayed with them until they
          built their first phalanx, and were building city walls when he went on. Within a few
          years, however the explorer was wiped out by a horde of barbarian crusaders, while the
          city he found was beset and sacked by barbarian knights, city walls or no.
          it was about then that Phaeton began to have doubts about the future. These
          doubts grew worse when the English made contact, and without any threats or demands,
          decide to rid the world of the Egyptians and declared war. However, 50 years passed
          without any English actually appearing, and we went ahead with the founding of our 7th
          city, Giza. Before Giza had much of a chance to grow, 2 English crusaders appeared and
          destroyed the city. With some irritation, we rebuilt Giza and set city walls to protect it.
          The Egyptian high council met in 1750, and I had the unique (until then)
          experience of all my advisors being upset with me.
          The Romans contacted us soon afterward, and were quite friendly, even
          exchanging maps with us. Other nations contacted us also, with varying levels of
          indifference. But the English were never less than enraged, and never spoke to us except
          to say they were going to rid the world of our civilization.
          Phaeton determined to do something about our cash flow problems, and Byblos
          built a caravan destined for Rome. We discovered the secrets of navigation about 1800,
          and built a caravel to transport the caravan. The caravan made landfall in 1810, and
          within a couple of turns was in sight of the railroaded Roman interior, when it was
          destroyed by a passing Babylonian unit. The Romans offered an alliance and declared
          war on the Babylonians. Byblos built another caravan which was wiped out upon landing
          by the French. The Romans cheerfully declared war on them, also.
          The English came back about 1875 with a couple of alpine troops, and retook
          Giza. This started a standoff which lasted almost 100 years. I stationed Phalanxes in
          fortresses on the road to Giza, and set 2 of my cities training diplomats to send against
          them. Giza lost its city walls and other improvements, and went into civil disorder fairly
          often, but still we couldn’t retake it. Although Elizabeth used the statue to switch
          between republic and fundamentalism every few years, she never lost her hatred of
          Egyptians. If Giza hadn’t been so far from main English territory, we would never have
          lasted so long.
          When the tanks rolled out of Giza in 1970, Phaeton knew the end was near. Our
          scientists were researching gunpowder, and we hoped to have some musketeers to put up
          a good defense. We also appealed to our allies, the Romans, to declare war on the
          English, hoping to take the pressure off us. They said they would be glad to go to war
          with the English, for 6240 gold. We had nowhere near that sort of money, so we were
          screwed.
          After the outer cities fell, the tanks rolled into Heliopolis in 1998. Seeing it
          coming, the palace was nearly rebuilt in Byblos, and finally was done by 2000.
          In 2007, Byblos, our last city, fell to the English. “Centuries later” the ruins of our
          way of life were discovered by archaeologists.
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

hey, Christantine, it looks like you did a lot better on your first deity game than I did on mine!
            had you been playing at higher levels for a while?

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...

Comment

I usually play on Emperor level.

------------------

The Viking Archives

Comment

I thought barbs didn't appear until at least 16 turns from the start?
                ---------
                SG (2)
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 10-10-2000 02:05 PM
                  I thought barbs didn't appear until at least 16 turns from the start?
                  ---------
                  SG (2)

you can still get them from huts if the hut-tipping civ has a city already. Sounds like either he, or a nearby AI tipped a hut, got a barb, and the barb found his only city undefended

------------------
                  Sleep is a luxury and I don't have Shakespeare's Theatre in my back yard.
                  Insert witty phrase here

Comment

In that case - you should not tip huts if you have founded your capital! Well, until after Monarchy.
                    Do you really want Barbs, or Warrior Code?
                    It sounds as though no city was founded:
                    "I was wiped out as a settler in the year 3800BC"

-----------
                    SG (2)
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Sorry
                      [This message has been edited by Christantine The Great (edited October 10, 2000).]

Comment

Father Beast, the end of my story will change your mind...

My First Diety Game Part 2

The Sioux Empire grew strong in America with nothing to hamper them. The European and Asian nations soon fell to their might. First was the English. The English owned several colonies in Africa and only had three cities in England. They also had one in Greenland and one in Cuba and several in my territory. I wanted to explore the coast of America to see if I could find the capital of the Sioux and split them. I also wanted to settle Cuba. When I reached Cuba I found the English city and a large group of Sioux Ironclads. I was still at war with them so I sent my ship down to S. America and settled a city there and started my ship home. When I was following a straight path that would bring me to Spain and home I saw that the Ironclads were following me! I had a head start so I got back home before they could catch up. I took the long way around Africa though. I then got many messages about English cities being captured by the Sioux. I later found out that they were the cities that England had founded in Africa. Soon the English and the Egyptians were both fighting the Sioux. Now because of the English cities the Sioux started prowling around Europe. The Chrisonian Republic was wedged between the hammer (Sioux) and the hard place (Vikings). The Chinese had been all this time fighting the Vikings and the Vikings got the upper hand. The Vikings gained support and the third side of my empire. I got tons of reports of English cities being pounded and the Egyptians were giving up to the screams of the English. I then started the Great Migration. A transport was made in Chrisonia (Christantinople was now surrounded by Sioux Ironclads). I only could get one settler and I departed the Mare Nostrum (sp.) forever. By this time the Vikings have gotten Chris's Lake and the Sioux got all of Western Europe (English and Chrisonian). I sent the transport through the Christon Canal (Suez Canal) and decided to settle in Australia. Now Christon fell. I quickly made a detour to Chris-The-Trade in Indonesia to transfer support to there were there was still a Chinese buffer zone to protect it from the Vikings. Now Christonia and Chris Eastern fell. Africa fell soon afterwards. My city in America fell a little before Christon. The destruction of the Christonian Republic was completed about 2000 with the loss of Chris-The-Trade to the Vikings and the founding of New Chris City in that desert in Australia.
                        I started building small. I founded New Christon and Chris Bay and Chris Port. The only cities that were on water where the last two. The others were in the desert. I built irrigation and started getting a reasonable tech rating. Then the Sioux built the Apollo Program. I instantly started building a transport in Chris Bay,a spy in New Chris City, a tank in New Christon, and a transport to clean up the partisans. I then renamed all of the cities ALL IS LOST. I started the first transport off and started but decided to wait a while and use the unfinished transport to build a Mech. Infantry for my new city. The Sioux arrived shortly with a large army of a Howie, two armors and something else. New Chris City fell first and I sent one partisan to the transport and the other two to pillage roads. That slowed their advance alot. I sold all of my improvements to rush build the Mech. and waited for some more partisans to arrive. New Christon fell and those partisans pillaged while the other two went to the transport. I decided to leave because of the imminent arrivial of a Sioux Battlefleet. I sailed to the only bare place left on Earth... Madagascar!!!! I founded Chris Paridise there and started over as the Australian Chrisonian People's Dominion (ACPD) was conquered by the Sioux. I stayed alive for many centuries until a Egyptian force got me. My civ lasted until 2190-ish.

------------------

The Viking Archives

Comment

My first Deity game...

To put a little spunk in the game, barbarian hordes were set and I was wiped out as a settler in the year 3800 BC...

So much for encouraging me to play deity!

Comment

BUMP

------------------

The Viking Archives

Comment

Well, Christantine, at least you held out for longer than I did. I was truly embarrassed to defend my cities with Phalanxes against Armor!! I was trying to get gunpowder in time to make some musketeers, but I didn't make it. at least you had Mech Inf.
                              Strangely, my allies the romans built Apollo, but hadn't launched by the time I was conquered.

Comment

Working...
                              X