This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ICS succession game

Having now played a turn in a succession game would anyone want to play a 2.42 game with a zero city overlap? I know these games are about lots of leaders with different ideas, but I just don't like ICS at all. Would anyone to play a slightly more prescribed succession game?
    www.neo-geo.com

I just asked the same question in another thread. While I do play ICS about half the time, a different approach in a succession game would be interesting. I posed the possibility of a OCC game. Wish I could join you but unfortunately, I've got MGE.

------------------
    Frodo lives!
    Frodo lives!

Comment

I'd be willing to try in either MPGE or 2.42 - not my normal style (even when I'm not ICSing I normally allow a little overlap) - so I might well be cr*p. Good luck - I hope it runs.

Possible alternative
      How about a single game with a common starting position but with two succession teams - one devoted to some form of perfectionism (say for example no Fundy or Commie, no city overlap etc.) and the other to ICS (again, for example, no Republic or Democracy) and see how the two strategies compare??

Not trying to muscle in - just a constructive (I hope) suggestion.

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I'd be willing to play with no city overlap.

Watch us get stuck on a small island with barely enough room for 2 cities.
        [This message has been edited by skrobism (edited November 09, 2000).]
        Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by skrobism on 11-09-2000 10:51 AM
          Watch us get stuck on a small island with barely enough room for 2 cities.
          [This message has been edited by skrobism (edited November 09, 2000).]

1 city, because we will fund our capital in its center.

I'm in.

I usually do overlap one or two squares, to use the space more efficiently...
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

ok. some overlapping is fine. but let's stay away from ICS style this time.
            Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

i don't mind if we are not allowed, i used to play like that in the beginning.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

ROTHFLMAO-see what you have done DaveV?
                The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

¡¿?!
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

No ICS? Count me in, I haven't played for too long now
                    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                    And notifying the next of kin
                    Once again...

Comment

Tell you what. If this is an MGE compatible game, I'm in.

------------------
                      Frodo lives!
                      Frodo lives!

Comment

I play 2.42. Why not start one of each?

Comment

I always play trying to maximize a city to its fullest.

Count me in.

------------------
                          "And his word shall carry
                          death eternal to those who
                          stand against righteousness."

Comment

Cool,

Gits- I don’t think offering advice or ideas is mucleing in! How many games do you think you can cover on your website before you have to quit your job?

Everyone- I would suggest no overlap should mean exactly that (unless it’s a desert tile or something I suppose). Someone should induct Dave V into the hall of fame for our new fad, I see Pokemon shares have trembled in the wake of this. I too play 2.42 so I’d prefer that to MGE, the multiplayer by email though it would be cool, I can’t find MGE anywhere. I could kick off a game tonight I suppose on 2.42 at Emperor level with Hordes of barbarians unless there is a strong vote for other settings before then.

The order will be

Johnmcd 10 turns
                            ScouseGits 10 turns
                            HsFB 10 turns
                            Huey 10 turns
                            Muad’Dib 10 turns
                            Anyone else that thinks they are up to it. Kcbob is sadly not able to play as he is MGE.
                            www.neo-geo.com

Comment

Deity please! Plans are being drawn up for the ICS version of no city overlap! Should be fun.
                              -------------
                              SG (2)
                              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
                              X