what should I do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should I do???

I have this game I'm playing, its my first in over 2 years and I'm actually losing. Respond here and I'll send it to you. What do you think I should do? Attack the Persians, crush the Germans or build up my cities? I've actually gotten stalled here about this.
    Civfan...
    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

I`d like to think that I`m quite a good strategist, so send it to the address in my profile.

P.S Civilizatoin
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Civfan on 05-18-2000 02:03 AM
      I have this game I'm playing, its my first in over 2 years and I'm actually losing. Respond here and I'll send it to you. What do you think I should do? Attack the Persians, crush the Germans or build up my cities? I've actually gotten stalled here about this.
      Civfan...

Email it to me...click it.

venger@godofwar.com

Venger

Comment

Well I sent out the file. What you think I should from here.
        Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Can i have it too please..... dieselonly@home.com
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

So I sent it to you all and wondering what ya think? Any ideas on how to catch up against my enemies. At the moment everyone is at peace. I have two allies, the English and the Persians. I'm really thinking about attacking the Persians as I have a hunger for the entire region. I might try to pay the English to join in on the attack but doubt they will make much of an impact. Earlier in the game I had paid the English to attack the Mongols and Germans or French, can't right now remember whos fighting there. So whats your ideas on this?

P.S. War4ever, did you get my email with the file? Anyone else want to try the game?
            Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Civfan on 05-22-2000 11:39 PM
              So I sent it to you all and wondering what ya think?

I think...you should bag it. You've got a very underdeveloped nation, you have an extended zone of defense with no hope of defending it in an extended conflict. I'd choose your battles carefully. The Persians are defeatable, but until you get some real firepower, taking the whole continent will be hard.

You are at 80% science with a discovery every 47 turns. Why freaking bother? Go Republic and go for it or steal your technology, no reason to bury the science needle and not go anywhere...

Also - why is your capital in Veii?

Neapolis can support your presence on the continent to the north - be prepared to defend it.

Expand - you've got tons of naval units but goodie huts near you unexplored...

I played it for a few turns, took a few Persian cities, but had to spend most resources supporting remote cities and just catching up technology wise.

Good luck,

Venger

Comment

1. Build railroads
                2. Attack the Persians. Build up your army, beef it up with plenty of cavalry and ships.
                3. Don`t declare war on the Mongols. You have several poorly defended cities up near their territory and it will be hard to hold them off.
                4. Aviod diplomatic contact with anyone. You`ll only end up breaking alliances.
                5. Don`t bother playing the original game. Stick to scenarios instead.
                "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Comment

Thanks guys for the input. Best course of action is infrusture. Then attack Persia.

5. Don`t bother playing the original game. Stick to scenarios instead.
                  ????????????

Haven't played the game in a while but whats this?? My strategy sucks??? j/k

Well, back to the game..

Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

No , I didn`t mean it like that. Hell, you`re better than I am at the original game. But it`s crap, so just play some of the quality scenarios out there instead, it much more fun thaw way.

Comment

Heh, Paul, if you said that to one guy I know he'd probably freak out...

He claims that he likes Civ2 best *just the way it is*, and doesnt want to see any changes to the graphics, sounds, etc., and he refuses to even try any scenarios.
                      The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

Does he post here? If he doesn`t, get him too and we can have a long, interesting argument about it .

Comment

No, he doesnt post here, but he gave me permission to post this thing he said...

Oooooooh, gods of civ who post on discussion boards ! The game is perfect as it is, any scenarios and changes are just for those who cannot see it's true immortal beauty.

(And you can post THAT in my name if you want )

But if you want to argue with him, get ICQ. His UIN is 12129457, but he is kinda rarely on.
                          [This message has been edited by Xuenay (edited May 27, 2000).]
                          The breakfast of champions is the opposition.

"A japaneze warrior once destroyed one of my modern armours.i nuked the warrior" -- philippe666

Comment

[This message has been edited by Hasdrubal (edited March 30, 2001).]
                            Hasdrubal's Home.
                            Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

This is kind of funny but awhile back my computer crashed and i lost that game....does anyone still have it...could ya send it to me...thanks....civfan....
                              Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Working...
                              X