Odd Civ AI restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Civ AI restart

Anyone ever have a civ restart with settlers on two different continents before? This was first time I ever saw this that I can recall. The civ has no map making, no boats, and all cities are completely landlocked. I also viewed their map to and it showed two seperate locations not connected.

[This message has been edited by Chris1111 (edited March 26, 2001).]
    [This message has been edited by Chris1111 (edited March 28, 2001).]

Sorry Chris - the links are broken ...

------------------
    Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
    "The Great Library must be built!"
    "A short cut has to be challenging,
    were it not so it would be 'the way'."
    - Paul Craven
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

the links don't work for me either, but I have seen that happening too!! playing on a world map, after eradicating the Greeks, the Carthaginians started on Africa AND South America!!

Comment

Darn just checked site:

"We apologize for the removal of your site over the weekend. Due to some technical errors, we mistakenly removed several member sites and are in the process of restoring them. We did not single out you or your site, please accept our apologies as we work to remedy the situation."

Ecthelion btw thats similiar to mine except it was N.A. and Africa

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Chris1111 on 03-26-2001 08:37 AM
          Anyone ever have a civ restart with settlers on two different continents before? This was first time I ever saw this that I can recall. The civ has no map making, no boats, and all cities are completely landlocked. I also viewed their map to and it showed two seperate locations not connected.

I've seen this happen twice. Once on a random map, and once on the Earth map. On the Earth map, the Romans restarted in North America and Africa.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Uh ... It's maybe due to Aliens making experiments on humans !

Na, serioulsy it never happens to me. I just discover on time Zulu, blocked on the nothern pole.... Why ?

Maybe they were randomly spotted here, or have they sent a colon here, and there former cities were captured by other civ (it seems that a roman IA city had a african name this game ...).
            Zobo Ze Warrior
            --
            Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Uh ... It's maybe due to Aliens making experiments on humans !

Na, serioulsy it never happens to me. I just discover on time Zulu, blocked on the nothern pole.... Why ?

Maybe they were randomly spotted here, or have they sent a colon here, and there former cities were captured by other civ (it seems that a roman IA city had a african name this game ...).
              Zobo Ze Warrior
              --
              Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

This is a new one on me too...

Was this 'classic' Civ2, MPG, or TOT?
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It was version 2.7.8(?) (FW CD)

Comment

"My" odd AI restart happened on the original game, I think... I suppose I hadn't even updated it once back to then, must have been years ago... never happened to me another time... but then again, I used to play with AI restart off for a long time...

Comment

Working...
                    X