How are the Demographics calculated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the Demographics calculated?

I was wondering whether any of them actualy have any relevance to your civ or whether they're just another nice extra (like the throne room).

Any relevance? In relation to what? How about everything!

The Demographics are the quickest way to gauge your world standing in combination with the foreign minister. Most important to keep up with your demographics! I personally have to check every few rounds to see where I'm standing in all categories, particularly population and family size. If you're first in these categories, you'll be seeing your power going up up up! (and away

------------------
    Check out the home of the ultimate Civ II Diplo game today!
    History of the World
    I see the world through bloodshot eyes
    Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

There are currently a number of threads in the Strategy forum addressing this point specifically ....

------------------
      Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

but why isn't there a single one, a sinlge guide for a newbie to that subject? it's really hard to follow all those threads!

Comment

Ecthelion -
          for a newbies guide, go check out the startegy guides and FAQs in the civ2 section. I mean the civ2 section of Apolyton, not the forums.
          once you get past those, it's no longer a newbie thing. current threads in the strat forum are useful, and check the great library if neccesary.
          We're still trying to get all this organized ourselves.
          Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
          ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by
            for a newbies guide, go check out the startegy guides and FAQs in the civ2 section. I mean the civ2 section of Apolyton, not the forums.

Strategy guides are old, stiff and they sometimes contain false information.
            We really must do something: I added some propositions into Great Libray

Comment

Theres a little at the Scrolls of Wisdom which has moved btw.
              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Working...
              X