Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Newbies

Where are you coming from?

How can there still be Civ II/2 newbies? Please help us help you.
    www.neo-geo.com

they must just be picking civ2 out of the bargain bin, and have succumbed to the addiction

I'm a civ2 newbie. I only started playing in 1997.

Comment

MGE has been maketed in three ways that I have seen recently.
      One is a similar box as before, but the CD contains Indeo drivers in addtion to the previous stuff.
      TWO & THREE s re bundled with different games in "strategy packs"

------------------
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Pontificator Pendanticus
      older richer & wiser than you
      Did I mention that I like spellcheckers?
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

John - in Liverpool some of the gaming shops have CIV I as a discount buy!

CIV 2 (which way do I write it? ) is also well represented.

----------

SG(2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Seems to me that you guys don't fit the profile...

------------------
          All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by johnmcd on 02-28-2001 02:57 PM
            Where are you coming from?

How can there still be Civ II/2 newbies? Please help us help you.

I'm a neebie, I bought the game for my kids in the discount rack. Well they needed a little help, and well here I am.

Comment

I only started civ2 in aug 2000, I had been playing smac a couple years before that.
              Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
              "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
              From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I'd have to say that we are crawling out of the discount rack. I played the game before but never owned it. I finally bought a copy last September. The Succession games are like peer pressure to keep playing. "Come on Skrobism. It's your turn. Take a hit."

------------------
                "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

SG, why are you only a Chieftain? Edit: I look after I post and you are normal!!! That's weird! I started playing in 1997. I think some of the newbies call themselves that due to the fact that they don't know all of the knowledge that regular board posters know and/or they are just knew to the forums.

------------------
                  If someone doesn't agree with you, you haven't explained yourself well enough-Luther Ely Smith

She turned me into a newt...well I got better- Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

How many boards could the Mongols horde, if the Mongol hordes got bored?- jcarkey
                  [This message has been edited by jcarkey (edited March 02, 2001).]

Comment

We're humble...

Comment

I am new to the forums. I have had Civ since it came out.( 1996? ) I recently bought the Gold Multiplayer and started playing again. I find this site fascinating. The amount of knowledge you all have amazes me.

------------------
                      Thanks,
                      Kevin
                      Thanks,
                      Kevin

Comment

Allow me to draw on some of that knowledge to correct you. Its not knowledge, its trivia.

Still an interesting mix of old hands, real newbies 'helping their kids with no real interest you understand' and the Gits.
                        www.neo-geo.com

Comment

I finaly brok down and bought Civ2 last month......I hsad been civ free for years, now I have relapsed and am once more addicted.

Comment

the game was forced upon me when I started dating bcr3... luckily I like it a lot... won't install it on my computer though... have enough distractions in my room... besides it gives me a reason to visit him
                            Kyrie Asini

"I don't need a compass to see which way the wind is shining!"- Mystery Men

Comment

I got my copy bundled with the original C&C...Of course, I soon found out which one I enjoyed the most

Comment

Working...
                              X