Who plays scenarios in Multiplayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who plays scenarios in Multiplayer?

If you do, contact me. I've always wanted to play a WWII scenario or something in multiplayer, but no one I talk to ever seems interested.

If you don't lik playing scenarios in multiplayer, why not?

Vitmore

------------------
    "We should not go out and conquer the people, but give them no other choice in their minds but to be conquered." - Me
    "We should not go out and conquer the people, but give them no other choice in their minds but to be conquered." - Me

I asked the same question some time ago, and got almost zero response at the time. Since then, however, there has been some interest in scenario multiplay. Snog is interested, and so am I (if it's a good scenario). Additionally, I think JayBee, over on the Spanish civ2 site might be interested, though he likes primarily middle ages and early modern scenarios, (I think). Depending on the scenario you had in mind, we might be able to gather up enough players on multi-play to make things interesting. I have designed several scenarios specifically for multiplay, but no WW2.

Snog, are you out there somewhere?

Salutations,
    Exile
    [This message has been edited by Exile (edited March 15, 2001).]
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

I haven't seen you in a while, Exile. Where have you been? If your into it, I'll give it a shot. Time could be tough, with me being on the east coast and you being out west. Your 'American Empire' could be cool for the game. There are a lot of WWII scenarios out there. Do you have any in mind?

------------------
      All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I would like to participate in almost any scenario multiplayer.
        I am european though which might meen that there are some time problems (then again I have played lots of multiplayer scenarios whit Snog and he is american) I tend to prefer 16th-17th century scenarios but I will play almost any scenerio...
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Hey Chris, Henrik,
          The real world intervened for a while, combined with a colossal disgust for the OT, a place which I think I'll avoid from now on.

I sure do like the idea of multiplaying the American Empire scenario; I've always wondered how that one would play out. I also would like to try The Modern Age, as it was specifically desinged for a good multiplay experience. Also, I just started a new topic over of the Spanish Civ2 site's forums about multiplay scenarios. Hopefully, between here, there, and anyone else who might see these topics, we can get enough players together to make an interesting game.

Any other scenarios you guys wanna suggest?

Salutations,
          Exile

------------------
          Lost in America
          Lost in America.

Comment

don´t you think that playing an scenario in the net is too slow and boring??

I think that multiplayer games are just okay if you have few cities and a few units,
            if you want to play an scenario PBEM is way better, but you need just three or four players that want to get involved in the game if not you are just gonna play one or two turns
            Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Modern Age is alright. I've never heard of American Empire.

I recommend Second World War by B. Stein and Total War (which is an alternate, better WW1979 scenario).

Vitmore

------------------

Comment

• Forget about the Ot thing, Exile. It is not worth losing sleep over. Any era is fine with me.
                • Vitmore, the American empire scenario can be found on the Spanish civilization site. It portrays North and Central America in 1861, at the start of the Civil War. You can be the North, the South, the French, the Mexicans, the British, and the Indians. It is really a lot of fun (I havn't finished it yet Exile ), and well worth downloading.
                • Henrik and Shaka, I'm sure we can work it out.

------------------
                All knowledge begins with the phrase: I don't know.
                [This message has been edited by cpoulos (edited March 16, 2001).]
                I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

well, actually I didn´t offer to play , I would like to do it but I don´t know if two scenarios are too much time for me

if the scenario that you want to play sounds interesting I´ll join you guys
                  Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                  miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

were you talking about helping you on making a pbem game scenario??

oh, that´s okay with me, feel free to ask about whatever you want
                    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Vitmore, to link up with scenario players, look down the forums list to find the "Hosted Sites" forums list. In that forum and the Scenario League forum is where most of the scenario people hang out. Your chances of getting together a multiplayer scenario are better in there than here.

Salutations,
                      Exile

------------------
                      Lost in America
                      Lost in America.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know Exile!

Vitmore

Comment

Working...
                        X