Loading problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading problems

I get a "winG load error" when I try to load the game. I have the orignal game disk, and get the error message, and still get it after I upgrade using the Fantastic Worlds disk. I have your garden variety Pentium II 350 with 64 meg ram and windows 98. I had been playing just fine on my laptop but just can't get it loaded onto my desktop.

try reinstalling winG.dll. It is some sort of graphics file adapting the game to windows graphics. It should be on the game disk and is also available at the windows web site. Some where down the frum you can find ann old thread with a link directly to the winG download. It may be titled spmething winG of win2k, or winME.

------------------
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Pontificator Pendanticus
    older richer & wiser than you
    Did I mention that I like spellcheckers?
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Have you tried to reinstall WinG yet? did it work?

I remember having a lot of problems with WinG on my old Pentium 90 with WIN 95 on it... but now I'm using a Pentium II 350 with WIN 98, and WinG seems to work just fine

Comment

WinG is on the original Civ2 disk, and the folder it's in is called.. WinG...
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Well that was pretty easy. I went to the cd and opened the wing folder and ran a program called wingset. Took less than a minute. Thanks for the help. I guess my old computer running windows 95 didn't need to run it.

Comment

Working...
          X