Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Anew After Death ...

Everyone:

It seems like I remember a game or two where the AI actually defeated me. But since I had the game set to restart defeated civilizations, I ended up starting again elsewhere.

Is this possible? Or am I merely dreaming of the phoenix?

CYBERAmazon
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

I think you must be suffering from hallucinations... I'd recommend you start getting more sleep and stay away from the mushrooms growing in your backyard....

Seriously though, I always have restart civs on and have lost several games in the early stages. I generally 'cheat' by not building much in the way of defense (just enough to maintain order and sometimes I'll even use an elvi or two first...) until my civ has a good start going. The ai has snuck in from the opposite direction I started exploring in and wiped me out before I really got going. Anyway, anytime I've ever died, the only thing I get is that darn waste of a movie telling me I'm dead!

Comment

Once in a hotseat multiplayer game played on a very large version of the world map, I started as the Americans and the Aztecs destroyed my city before it could build the first unit!
      Anyway, the point is that I was restarted as the Persians, so it does work at least in hotseat mode.
      Rome rules

Comment

Lies all lies! - Cyber Amazon - you know that you should wait until the pipe has gone quite cold before you post!

Comment

Everyone:

No way man! If anything's clouding my judgement, it's too much caffeine .

I swear, though, that I have automatically been restarted after being conquered. It was really early in the game (before AD) and it was a large Earth map (customized to my liking). I had seven civilizations selected and civ restart option was toggled. I believe I was playing as the French, got beat, and then restarted elsewhere as the Vikings.

Ha! Roman's story backs up my theory a bit! So I can't be hallucinating everything .

CYBERAmazon
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
          X