No announcement yet.

**New automated log file utililty**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, thanks for all the input. I have changed several design ideas and goals because of them. I am still working on this but just have had other things come up (you know, work, family committments, other such excuses...).

My current plan is that at first I am creating a program that will give a 'current game status' report. Basically, it will read in a .sav file and give a general overview of the game, printing all the information you would like to see in a game log and more. I have the basics of this down but still need to do a little work on converting some of the hex data to something readable. Then I plan to test several methods of implementing the game logging features to see which way works best.

Markus, I received your email and would love some help with this. I will send you email soon and see what we can setup. Not only would it be nice to have some help, but the pressure of someone else waiting for work I am doing is always a good motivator. As of now, I find myself setting down at home to play civ instead of working on this project in my limited free time.

The good news is that the autologging of games is very possible, it just will take a little effort to get it up and going. Stay tuned...

Albert B

Comment

well here is what i had in mind.

One program does the copying of the files, and another program does the data mining, or you can just make 2 different threads.

What i had in mind was coping the contents of each civ to SQL Server or access. Then just construct some stored procedures and mine the data that way. Then i could connect it to a web page and view the results as your playing.
      Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
      and kill them!

Comment

Working...
      X