OCC v2.42 random map succession game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCC v2.42 random map succession game

Please post anything related to the 2.42 succession game in this thread.

The players:

Paul paulvdbelt@hetnet.nl
    Scouse Git[1]
    Skrobism skrobism@address.com
    Hueij j.stavenuiter@chello.nl

4000-2750 Paul
    2750-1500 SG[1]
    1500-0625 skrobism
    0625-0001 Hueij
    0001-0500 Paul
    0500-1000 SG[1]
    1000-1500 skrobism
    1500-1750 Hueij
    1750-1800 Paul
    1800-1850 SG[1]
    1850-1875 skrobism
    1875-1900 Hueij

Each player plays 25 turns before sending the game to the next player. We are playing as the Romans on a random map. Game logs and intermediate saves can be found at http://members.home.nl/paulvdbb/occ242.htm

Since this is an OCC game we will of course never have more than one city. So make sure to save the game before entering a hut in grass or plains, so that you can reload if you get an advanced tribe. If you are not familiar with the OCC rules you can find them at http://members.home.nl/paulvdb/occ.htm

When you send the game to the next player please cc it to paulvdbelt@hetnet.nl so that I can put the save on my site.

I played my 25 turns and sent the game to SG[1]

4000 BC Alphabet
    3950 BC Hut: Archer
    3900 BC Hut: Code of Laws
    3800 BC Rome
    3700 BC Hut: Horse (supported)
    3650 BC Hut: Pottery
    3600 BC Warrior
    3350 BC Warrior
    3200 BC Bronze Working -> Ceremonial Burial
    2750 BC After exploring our surroundings it looks like we are stuck on an island

Edit: the website has been updated, so the other players can download the game and see how the situation is.
    [This message has been edited by Paul (edited January 16, 2001).]

Comment

SG[1]'s v2.42 OCC Succession Log

Note to self: Can play to 1500BC

Certainly looks like an island - not exactly ideal territory either - I keep looking at the SSW corner and wondering, it is certainly a potential special square from what we can see of the pattern, dare I risk the Settler resource? Paul irrigated it so clearly did not think the risk worth taking, but ...
      Neighbours include: Indians, Germans, Egyptians, Zulus and Americans - need to identify the Orange Civ.

2750BC - let's go!
      2700BC - might not be an island!
      2650BC - Ceremonial Burial -> Monarchy (45 Beakers); I'm going to go for that potential Special - pre-worked Irrigating Settler stopped! (sorry Paul)
      2600BC - [cross fingers]Forestation effort started[/cross fingers]; We seem to have an isthmus to somewhere - Warrior parked on Mountain choke point.
      2550BC - Aha - Warrior is now 'near Berlin'
      2500BC - Size 3; Celebration impossible;
      2450BC - SILK! breath hearty sigh of relief;
      2350BC - Cost of Monarchy drops to 40
      2300BC - Cost of Monarchy returns to 45
      2250BC - Back to 40
      2200BC - hut 50g; cost 45??; Conundrum - I have 39 beakers and make 5 a turn if I leave it at 5 and the cost stays at 45 - we miss Demo this turn by 1 beaker and waste at least 3 next turn - while if the cost comes back down to 40 we get Demo and waste 4 beakers -- alternative move from beakers to shields for this turn - go with alternative...
      2150BC - Cost stayed at 45 beakers - get it this next turn - no beakers wasted.
      2100BC - Monarchy -> Currency; Colossus exactly half built; Revolution;
      2050BC - MONARCHY ESTABLISHED ; The orange civ is English;
      1950BC - hut 50g;
      1700BC - Currency -> Trade; Horseman now 'near New York' - looks as if Germany is turn South after the isthmus ...
      1650BC - regretting not choosing Writing
      1600BC - COLOSSUS; start Temple

1500BC - all is well and I pass the conch.

Game sent to Paul & Skrobism

------------------

"CARTAGO DELENDA EST" - Cato the Censor
      "The Great Library must be built!"
      "A short cut has to be challenging,
      were it not so it would be 'the way'."
      - Paul Craven
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Updated

Comment

* Skrobism raises the conch above his head. The populace goes wild! *

I will probably get to the game tomorrow night. I hope that is ok.

Like I said earlier, I don't usually play OCC. This will be good practice for me. Do you have any tips? What are we as a civ going for in this early stage? Beakers, Gold, Trade, Alliances? Let me know. Thanks.

------------------
          "Bonjour, you cheese-eatin' surrender-monkeys."
          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Interesting mix of players! This will be fun to follow.

Carolus

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by skrobism on 01-17-2001 10:29 AM
              Like I said earlier, I don't usually play OCC. This will be good practice for me. Do you have any tips? What are we as a civ going for in this early stage? Beakers, Gold, Trade, Alliances? Let me know. Thanks.

Read the Paulicy, you can't go wrong http://members.home.nl/paulvdb/occ.htm

Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

I will pass the game on tonight. Sorry about the delay.

------------------
                Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

1 1500BC Skrobism raises the Conch above his head. The crowd goes wild. All is well.
                  2 1450BC Our horseman unleshed a hord of Barb horseman and was killed. Civil Disorder in Rome.
                  3 1400BC Civil DIsorder in Rome. Trade Discovered! Writing begun.
                  4 1350BC
                  5 1300BC
                  6 1250BC
                  7 1200BC
                  8 1150BC
                  9 1100BC Germans start the pyramids.
                  10 1050BC Entertainers hired, Order is restored in Rome. Egyptians start the pyramids. Writing is discovered. The study of Literacy is started.
                  11 1000BC Size 4, temple is rushed, entertainer is put to work.
                  12 950BC
                  13 925BC Caravan started
                  14 900BC
                  15 875BC
                  16 850BC
                  17 825BC We are now literate and on our way to the Republic.
                  18 800BC The Pyramids are built in Berlin. Egyptians changed to Hanging Gardens.
                  19 775BC
                  20 750BC
                  21 725BC
                  22 700BC Caravan of hides sets out for Berlin. Problem - Where is Berlin?
                  23 675BC
                  24 650BC Republic is discovered. Map Making is studied.
                  25 625BC Our settler has been busy building roads, and mining. He is ready to do your bidding. The Caravan continues to move blindly towards to east. The Revolution can begin next Oedo year. The conch is passed to Hueij.

well that wasn't that bad.

------------------

Comment

Skrobism, I got your mail but you forgot to attach the save-file. Can you try again? Tnx.
                    Once again...

Comment

quote:

I am really sorry.

Don't be. If I had to pay one dollar every time I forgot to attach a promised file to a message...

Once again...

Comment

Same here. I've also often forgotten to attach a file I wanted to mail.

Comment

That's really odd.

I'll send it again, but it will have to be later tonight.

I am really sorry.

------------------

Comment

I updated the website with Skrobism's save.
                            [This message has been edited by Paul (edited January 23, 2001).]

Comment

Save 1 AD on its ay to Paul...

The life and times of King, later Emperor Hueij, 625 BC - 1 AD.

550: Gems caravan.
                              Germans: paid 50 gold for peace, traded Trade and Republic for Masonry and Construction.
                              Gave Monarchy for an Alliance, received 250 gold as gift.

500: Built Library, Germans started Marco Polo.

450: Built Market Place. Egyptians started Hanging Gardens.

300: Salt caravan. Map Making. Shared maps with Germans, we can reach the Egyptians!

250: Hides to Berlin: 72 gold.

150: Mathematics.

125: Americans destroyed by English.

50: Revolution.

25: Established Republic. Germans invent Horseback Riding.

1 AD: Built Colosseum. Gems to Berlin: 90 gold. Disbanded 2 Warriors.
                              Once again...

Comment

Working...
                              X