Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone played untill the bitter end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone played untill the bitter end?

I know I have not! I was wondering if anyone (who is still «able» to lose to the AI) has played untill each and every one of their cities was conquered and has watched the bad ending sequence. (I've only seen it through Media Player! I retire when my end is apparent).
    Does tha AI get more human and let you regroup when you lose massively?

I've never lost to the AI , but I can guarantee you the AI certainly won't get any nicer as they grind you into the dirt.

------------------
    Founder, ACS Pedantry Institute
    Founder, ACS Gourmet Recipe Exchange
    Troll & Hydey Wrangler
    Mono Rules!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

i think i can remeber the AI taking my one and only city once. this was a bitter though short end. and yes, i saw the movie

------------------
      god made weed.....you don´t really think he fails sometimes?

weed god, chief of EUROPA
      visit EUROPA: www.multispieler.de
      weird god, EUROPA

Comment

I don't remember if I ever kept playing, I've mostly played OCC games for as long as my forgetful brain allows

Comment

As a frequent Deity AI doormat I am very familiar with the Loser.AVI movie. Most of the time it is the barbarians that do me in.

Ken

Comment

The AI has put me under some pressure but never to the point were I thought I might lose and I never have, so I never played to the bitter end.

------------------
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I do.

And, yes, I've seen that damned movie more often than I like.

It's bloody endless and there seems to be no way of cutting it short - a sort of punishment, I think.

It's kind of satisfying though, to hang on by your finger nails for a bit and then manage to survive to the end - or even turn the tables on the bastards!

The AI is not as ruthless as a human opponent would be.

Comment

Another one here that has seen it. Both against the AI (in OCC I think) and in MP.

It's too long!

Carolus

Comment

Yep, I've seen it when I've been playing OCC.

I wish there was some way to skip through the movie, and not have to watch it - by that stage, I KNOW I've lost - DON'T RUB IT IN!!!

Comment

Only once was I totally annihilated by the AI. You see, I deployed my lonesome warrior and were set upon by a Raging Barbarian on de horsey upon entering a nearby hut.

After that experience I was traumatized and swore to never again watch that movie.

Comment

the very first time i played on deity, i got my only city taken over by the barbarians on the 6th turn. but i can't remember the last time i got conqured by the ai, but sometimes they beat me to ac.
                      [This message has been edited by Smokey tha nuke man (edited January 17, 2001).]
                      "our words are backed by nuclear weapons"
                      "oh, yeah. well, our nukes are backed by 100%money back guarantee, so there."

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Smokey tha nuke man on 01-17-2001 04:49 PM
                        the very first time i played on deity, i got my only city taken over by the barbarians on the 6th turn. .

That's the closest I got to witnessing the unskippable movie of punishment!

Emperor level: first city, first warrior, first hut - barbarian. He kills my warrior and heads straight for my capital.
                        I was waiting for the Coupe de Grace the next turn, but instead of capturing my defenceless capital he just happily wandered off

I guess he was not interested

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by paiktis22 on 01-17-2001 05:55 PM
                          [quote]Originally posted by Smokey tha nuke man on 01-17-2001 04:49 PM
                          Emperor level: first city, first warrior, first hut - barbarian. He kills my warrior and heads straight for my capital.
                          I was waiting for the Coupe de Grace the next turn, but instead of capturing my defenceless capital he just happily wandered off

I've read somewhere in these threads that barbs never take your capitol if it's the only city you have.. the same doesn't apply to AI civs though Can someone confirm this?

Comment

Against the AI I get bored with a game around the time I get tanks. It's just a matter of time now.

In MP I play until things go bad. Than I say f* this, throw the pieces on the floor, reboot and post on Apolyton how the other person cheated thier ass off.

So what, I'm a poor sport. This is why I hate MP. I like to win!!! This is probably why the AI is so poor. It makes for a more popular game.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Marko_Polo on 01-18-2001 07:38 AM
                              I've read somewhere in these threads that barbs never take your capitol if it's the only city you have.. the same doesn't apply to AI civs though Can someone confirm this?

I don't know about the barbs, but the AI certainly will capture your capitol/only city. I usually send out my first one or two military units to explore before deciding to defend my capitol. On occasion, my scouts will go one way and a nearby civ will be the other. The next thing you know, an AI warrior or phalanx will come wandering out of the dark and oops... good bye Albert's civ...

Albert B

Comment

Working...
                              X