Giga random maps !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giga random maps !

My modification of the civ2 multiplayer program is now in the Apolyton database. It is called no-limits and allows the program to create giga random maps up to 32'767 squares. It's definitely worth trying. Please excuse me for making my own publicity, but I think it is something that might interest all civers.
    (and I will soon propose a ToT version).

------------------
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
    Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe

really, that'd be cool. I tried to create a large map in civ2 but the limit is way too small. especially after playing smac. Nothing like playing smac on a 256 X 256 map. There is no takeovers for the first 200 turns

Comment

hmm after reading the readme I guess not. I take it you need MGE to use it.

Comment

Got it. Good. Thanx.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

* waits for the TOT version *

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Builder on 10-27-2000 03:44 PM
            * waits for the TOT version *

I've finished it and posted it today.
            You "only" need to wait for Apolyon to put in the database, now ...

------------------

Comment

A question - I've downloaded the Giga map .exe file and have created and edited a Giga map. Is the giga map .exe required for others to play this map?

i.e. if I post the map, do I need to point to the modified .exe file for people to use the map?

Comment

No, you can play on these maps with the regular MGE or TOT. You only need the modified exe to create the maps.

Comment

Working...
                X